Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

6-speeds

Del

In case anyone has a 6-speed tractor, I offer the following. When I bought my 912, the high speed was very grabby. The belt was an ordinary hardware brand so I decided to try a new belt from Simplicity. Amazing. New tractor! You who have been following this site for some time remember the discussion some time ago about belts. Well, in my opinion the brand does make a difference when it comes to belts.

You went and done it Del, now we just have to hope Tim does not read this as I think he was able to talk more about belts then I. Still great news about the belts maybe we still can convert some members yet. Just kidding have a Great one and glad to here about the brand of belt and your new tractor. Thanks Jackl

Hey Tim, Maybe it could be pulled up from the old archives you know the files Fred is working on. Or come on how lets hear about it again from the horeses mouth. I am waiting-come on do it. Jack

Jack, Just for you. When I bought my B12 it had a hardware store belt on it for the drive belt. When I started to use it I was burning up a belt every week. That made me decide to drive the 90 miles to the nearest AC dealer and get the correct belt. I have the receipt for that belt dated 1973 and the belt is still on my B12 that I use to mow, snowblow, doze, till, plow, etc. Still runs fine without slipping. Proud holder of the oldest living drive belt award. Bestowed on me by someone in this club, but I'd have to look back though the old Yahoo messages to see who. Maybe you remember who it was Jack. Well that's it. Tim

Hey Tim I might just go back and hunt it up. Maybe if we ask Fred real nice he might save it. Thanks for the honor story-Jack

Hey - I'll go on record for the "Oldest Living Belt Contest" idea - thank you. We should also be hearing from a 6-speed puller this year - I hope he gives the Cadets a run!

Ok now if we are going to do this thing again lets do it write this time. I want to see the belt and the receipts from all members partakeing in this event. And how much should we pay 'Fred" this time. I thought he was in it the contest the last time-so why should he want anything opps sorry Fred Ok Fred how much did you say you wanted to do it for us? Jackl

Who was it that claimed the oldest living snow blower belt? Jack we also need classes, Drive belt, blower, tiller, mower, etc. Tim