Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dkish

more silly questions

dkish

Thanks for the input on the proper fluids for the hydro. I'm changing just the transmission on my soveriegn, and I'm just not that up to speed on simplicity design. I take it the trans and hydro use the same oil, correct? Is there a gasket between the hydro motor and the trans? I'll be using my original hydro since a bought a good used trans from a member here. Sorry for asking questions that may seem a little silly, I just couldn't find a gasket in the on line breakdowns.

John_in_Oxford
quote:Originally posted by dkish

Thanks for the input on the proper fluids for the hydro. I'm changing just the transmission on my soveriegn, and I'm just not that up to speed on simplicity design. I take it the trans and hydro use the same oil, correct? Is there a gasket between the hydro motor and the trans? I'll be using my original hydro since a bought a good used trans from a member here. Sorry for asking questions that may seem a little silly, I just couldn't find a gasket in the on line breakdowns.

id="quote">
id="quote">So, what kind of Sovereign do you have?I have a 3416H - it takes ATF/hydraulic oil in the hydro, and 80/90w in the rear axle.

John_in_Oxford

My Sovereign 3416H has a chassis Product number of 990871.

If I go here:http://www.simplicitymfg.com/us/en/support/manuals

..and punch in that number, it will link me to a downloadable PDF of the Operator's Manual/Parts List. The Operator's portion gives full details on fluids used, etc.

The tag with that info is located on my tractor at the hump between the running boards.

Without knowing for sure, I wonder if the link below matches your machine?

http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/jgEAGP_dqH4tG_EPl7mRgtLvBCd6.pdf

sispro

I was told by my Simplicity dealer that all models if you are changing all the oil to just use ATF F type Transmission oil.

Don't hold me to this but I have did this in my Simplicity 7117 with no problems.

Brettw

In the case of the Sundstrand pumps and transmissions on the later System and then 7OOO series and later Sovereigns (mid to late 70's), the transaxle and pump share the same fluid. On the 3400 series and older, the Vickers pump has it's own reservoir hydraulic fluid, and the transaxle is separate and uses 90 weight gear oil.