Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
shovelhead

Sulky Help - What make is it ?

shovelhead

P1020689.JPG

P1020692.JPG

I bought a walk behind a month ago and this sulky came with it. I first thought it was a Gravely but I don't think so now. Can anybody tell me the make of this thing. I think it's neat,.going to pull the wife around shows with it..LOL.8D

P1020691.JPG

P1020689.JPG.666ed3a540ad9eb38793afe41cc9ee7f.JPG

P1020692.JPG.489456327ea44e38952b90857e8123b0.JPG

P1020691.JPG.398abf7386bf336f0f91fe8d1d535672.JPG

arnoldir

Hello Shovelhead,

I'm going to take a guess.

Roof Manufacturing made a brush mower that had simmilar wheels and tires.

They also made the very collectable Roof Palamino riding mower that looked just like an army jeep.

shovelhead

Roger I think you are spot on. I found this picture on the internet and the wheels are the same. It has the same seat too I think.I have never heard of these till today and they are really neat. I seen a picture on Google when I first bought it and havn't been able to find one since. I bet these are few and far between. Thanks for the help. 8D

Roof Ranger.jpg

57e05ebbb717e_RoofRanger.jpg.c2538e788e38283dbce46720af535ca0.jpg

shovelhead

I did find a little more info on this. Its called a operators riding cart- OC-13 or ROC-24.

Still can't find a picture. Would like to see a picture of a orginal with decals or one that's been restored back.

8D

arnoldir

Hey Shovelhead,

You are welcome, my pleasure to help out.

I had the image of those wheels in my head from seraching Ebay for Roof mower as I searched for a Palimino.

I was luck to have seen one in person in a Gravely collectors yard up in CT some years back.

I have Serious Tractor Lust for one of those.

Good luck with your search for restored sulky photos.

SmilinSam

As stated, Roof

Seen them around these parts often.

They usually paired with the two wheel walk behind weed mowers made by Roof. Most of the Roof weed mowers used Wisconsin engines, and had a mower blade that was S shaped to a degree.

shovelhead

Sam, Do you know where I could look to see an original. I have looked all over the net and can't find even one picture. Would like to have good picture of decal and placement to restore. Paint color also. If I can't find this info I think I will just paint it Allis orange with white wheels.

Thanks for the input.

8D

babablacksheep

Back in the 70's I managed a farm coop that sold Roof mowers along with

Allis Chalmers. What you have is the riding sulky for a Roof VP75 mower. The VP75 would mount both 26" and 30" mower decks and a 26" brush cutter with a s shaped blade that was 1/4" thick. The brush cutter had no deck, skids on both sided and a very small shield across the back to "protect" the operator. We had several of them in PA that used the brush cutter for cutting Xmas trees. They also mounted a 26 OR 30" saw blade with no shield at all. Here is a link to a photo of one with what looks like the 30" deck mounted.

http://tractorshows2005.blogspot.com/2006/02/roof-mower-vp-75.html