Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
compostibles

Pointsavers?

compostibles

Hey all- I haven't had much of a chance to do any further work on the aforementioned AC 620 that was running rough at full speed and loud popping/firing out of the exhaust. I'm presuming the coil is misbehaving so I was going to check into the pointsavers and dual fire coils by Kirk Engines-apparently they are the cat's meow for the Kohler and Onan engines... Anyone had any experience with them?

Marty-MN

I do not have the point saver installed but from experience I know the duel coils work good on the Onan ccka as used buy thermoking on the old xrol units. I did have a running on one cylinder problem first one side then the other but a point box, push rod, points fixed that.

ka9bxg

My 720 was running really bad over the weekend at a tractor show.While looking at the points I noticed small sparks inside. Turns out it was the mounting screws in the point box .Tightened up the 2 screws and it ran great. They used it to tow the barrel train all day and not a miss fire.Check it out might be your problem.