Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

LL 2012 makeover update

huffy

I got sidetracked on this project for about a year - so long that the thread got archived: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=121043&whichpage=4&SearchTerms=2012Anyway, the decals that I had Clickitandstick it custom make to match my paint scheme have been sitting in a box in my garage for over a year. I finally got around to putting them on this weekend:

Decals.JPG

I've still got to order some more decals to finish it. I was surprised; when I ordered Maple Hunter's B12 decal set, it came with every single decal that I needed. The Clickitandstickit set for the LL only came with about 1/2 the ones I needed, and cost more than twice as much. Oh well. I've still got to get a new set of AG's to mount on the rear. Just haven't gotten around to it. In the meantime, over the past few weeks I've been restoring this tiller to mount on it. It got completely disassembled, sandblasted, repainted, and outfitted with all new bearings, new tines, and all new stainless steel hardware. It's not quite done yet, but getting fairly close.

Tiller.JPG

Decals.JPG.7c914e0e3149560f7dccc1aa4e4bffdf.JPG

Tiller.JPG.dd6daa87478f21128bba32afaa9a5305.JPG

I've always liked the look of the gray on the early 3400 series. So yours really stands out to me, very nice job.

quote:I was surprised; when I ordered Maple Hunter's B12 decal set, it came with every single decal that I needed.id="quote">
id="quote">

I'm a Maple Hunter fan as well, they are the right price and work well on my level of restores. I like that color combo - would like to see more shots of her.

Sorry should have said very nice looking tractor. Like the color combo. Thanks in advance for any information.

Chris thats an awesome color combo and its funny how the decals really make the project pop! cant wait to see it with the rest of the decals & the new skins dOd

quote:Originally posted by Hotwire7434

Did you use Simplicity tines or Allis tines?? If not are there alternate tines such as troy bilt?

id="quote">
id="quote">I used Simplicity tines, which I got from another member. You can get them through Snapper. Here's a thread where Ray provides the links to order them:http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=124965&SearchTerms=tines

quote:Originally posted by GLPointon

Chris thats an awesome color combo and its funny how the decals really make the project pop! cant wait to see it with the rest of the decals & the new skins dOd

id="quote">
id="quote">Thanks, Greg. My new tires are supposed to arrive today. It'll be a few weeks before Nate gets the rest of my decals made up, though.

Got the new tires mounted, my rear wheel weights on, and the tiller mounted. I bought some front wheel weights from Josh, but still have to blast and paint them. I've also got a front counter weight that I've got to stick on.

New tires and tiller.JPG

I have to confess that I cheated with the tires. Instead of swapping them myself, I dropped them off at my friend's auto shop on Saturday morning on my way out to Buckley to meet Josh. His guys used their machine to remove the old turfs and mount the new AG's. Then I picked them up on my way back from the show. Ordinarily I'd have swapped them out myself, but I was feeling lazy on Saturday. Hopefully the rest of my decals will get here in a week or two. The tractor still looks kind of "plain" without them.

57e05ecf71d56_Newtiresandtiller.JPG.74c6228ce3c64f15f2c0f378beaa3463.JPG