Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
bowhunt4life

5000W Generator Hitch(Ray's Work on Display)

bowhunt4life

Postman brought me a handmade hitch (by Ray our Club Prez) so of course I mounted the hitch and generator. Then used a way too long belt and snipped it until I got a ballpark belt length (78"). Adjusted tension and crossed my fingers the generator would work (bought off c-list with owners word it worked) and it did^.

Plugged in my drill and she fired right up. This is gonna be great for running the hay elevator in a building with no power.

Thank you RAY!!!!!!!!

2013-08-12174757_zpsaa81a49a.jpg

2013-08-12181024_zps8011a5c1.jpg

2013-08-12174747_zps934a0f52.jpg

2013-08-12174728_zps507e8202.jpg

2013-08-12174741_zps91f467e5.jpg

RayS

Chris, I am very glad to hear that it works. I am also glad those slots lined up on the base. Was just going by the supplied demensions and the last thing one wants is an issue hundreds of miles away.

Does the belt guard interfere with anything?

bowhunt4life

Haven't put the belt guard on yet but will tonight and give it a whirl.

Thanks again you did an awesome job!

RayS

Another question. Any issue with the rear lift arm interfering with the hitch? These were made for the 3/4" rod used when the Peco vac is installed.

bowhunt4life

The lift are is darn near touching the hitch. It fits nice and snug. I can't move the rear lift at all but won't need to when the generator is attached.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• tamurmueen
    • Tom45
    • lt-scir
    • Brettw
    • SmilinSam
    • a_sannine
    • Bear
    • redbeard
    • simplewrench
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• Bubba1997

Bubba1997

Searching for a Sleeve hitch and breaking plow and other equipment if price is right and also a deck for a B1 thank you 
      · 3 replies
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts