Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Clutch Pedal Modification

Multiplicity

. I long ago (38 yrs) tired of the Clutch/Brake Pedalon the Foot Dragger Landlords, but until this month I never attempted to do anything about it.....The Pedal Arm is way too short, and in a near vertical, uncomfortable position.... I removed the pedal arm and it's associated arminside the frame, cleaned all the surfaces and key forease of fitting and reassembly....Then I cut the pedalarm at the first bend up from the shaft and at the pedal junction to get rid of the bends.....I then welded in 3.5'' to 4" (shoe size) of similar metal to straighten and lengthen arm..... Then I cut a "V" notch up into the rear portion of the inside arm between the stop bar weld and the round keyed portion of the arm that slides onto the pedal arm.Cut this notch out in stages, (approx 3/8" to start) and DO NOT cut all the way through the arm. This will allow you to bend the arm in increments to the desired testing angle for proper foot pedal comfort (50° from vertical is my choice).....Then V out the edges of the cut notch and weld it up...... It doesn't take long to get used to and appreciatethis modification, which eases pedal pressure and increases pedal/clutch sensitivity......

Resize Clutch Pedal 002.jpg

Resize Clutch arm 001.jpg

57e0589755273_ResizeClutchPedal002.jpg.bda925441999b5faac4d6dc5add0f475.jpg

57e058975fa60_ResizeClutcharm001.jpg.cfd8fc56dabb51f47c7548ced4566d8d.jpg