Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mudpatrol1

allis 710 6 speed

mudpatrol1

well its official now,i have the tractor disease.... today i picked up a allis 710 6 speed,electric lift with 36" tiller.after giving her a much needed power washing,and draining the carb and fuel tank she purs like a kitten... couldnt pass it up for $200.00,no mower deck though.

Brettw

I really want to follow this post, so post pics. I picked up a one owner 710 6 speed about 6 months ago. I have found an engine for it, and want to do a near factory restore. So I am going to be all ears on this thread.

Chris727
quote:Originally posted by SmilinSam

6 speeds are great to till withdOd

id="quote">
id="quote">Is the six speed really better than a hydro? I've been tilling with a six speed for years. Always thought I still needed to go slower. My tiller seems to push the tractor forward faster.

SmilinSam
Originally posted by Chris727
quote:
id="quote">Well its all opinion, but thats my opinion. My experience is that in harder ground, the hydro gets pushed worse than the 6 speeds.I used to have a 910 6 speed I did alot of tilling with. If I needed to go slower I'd just ride the clutch a little. Mostly depends on type of soil being tilled as to how fast or slow, and how much the tractor gets pushed. I till spring and fall, and this practice leaves me with soft dirt gardens that till up pretty easy.

mudpatrol1

sorry brett,but im still trying to find a picture resizer that works with windows 8. i emailed the pictures to ray,hopefully he will post them. even though i didnt need another 710,this deal was too good to pass up. the other 710 i have is a 3 speed,i won it on ebay for $62.00!!!!the nice thing about this is my blade can be on the 710,and bucket can stat on 716h while im grading my yard

wqa.jpg

qsa.jpg

qazxx.jpg

I uploaded the pictures you sent. I did not have to resize them. I did change the name of the picture to something simple. Maybe that is the issue are having with posting them.

mudpatrol1

hmm,i wonder ray. i tried again and keeps saying no file to upload,guess ill have to figure it out when i have time. thanks for posting the pictures,she isnt perfect,but it was too good a deal to pass up.yesterday i added poor mans power steering and repacked the front wheel bearings. also rebuilt the carb and patched the muffler. today i pulled the engine to replace the rotted fan shroud and power wash the area were gas tank and battery goes. hoping to use it in the next 2 days and see how she works

GrincheyOne

Roger,

The file names of the pic cannot have spaces in them. Instead subsitute the understore character "_". Hope that helps. BTW welcome to the Club!

mudpatrol1

thanks wayne,i will try that with the next set of pictures i try to post...LOL anyhow today i removed the engine to replace the rusted fan shroud,no surprise i found a huge mouse nest and a couple of crispy critters in there.. while the engine was out i power washed the chassis a bit more,sprayed some rustoleum primer under the dash in the usual rusty spots. of course i had to repaint the engine while it was off.just for kicks i buffed out the hood with some cleaner wax,amazing how shiny it is now. tommorow i will reinstall the engine,replace all the belts,swap rear tires,and change the bgb and trans fliuds. after that its time to see how she does tilling.thanks for everyones help here,as of right now i own 8 tractors...

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• R. McGee
    • rokon2813
  • Today's Birthdays

1. B-16_IC
      B-16_IC
      (46 years old)
    2. Flannelman
      Flannelman
    3. Glen112
      Glen112
      (71 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• Bubba1997

Bubba1997

Searching for a Sleeve hitch and breaking plow and other equipment if price is right and also a deck for a B1 thank you 
      · 3 replies
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts