Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7016 save

Brettw

Picked this up today from a lawn tractor dealer. They sell them to me for scrap prices. The last one I picked up is Aaron's Onan puller. This one took a bit of coaxing, but it fires up and runs great. Trans is solid, Sundstrand with the remote filter arrangement. Deck is noisy but functional and not too rough. Someone has removed the points and rewired, likely with a mega fire? Not sure, didn't dive in that deep. Starter generator is working according to the ammeter. The really good stuff? Seat, dirty but A-1. Rear lift. Tires are all very good.The bad: all the nanny's appear to have been disconnected or abandoned with the rewire. I don't like this with the hydro and PTO levers. Someone welded the running boards to the frame. Hood is pretty bad off, but Ron Hribar just so happens to have dropped off a really good hood for me, just a few weeks back. All in all a very salvageable tractor, and with a few hours of work, and the usual 100 bux of fluids, filters and misc stuff, this could very well be a working tractor. I popped a new battery I had in it, but I think the one it came with is good, just needs to be charged.

7016 bil bar 001.JPG

7016 bil bar 002.JPG

7016 bil bar 003.JPG

7016 bil bar 004.JPG

7016 bil bar 005.JPG

57e05898529c1_7016bilbar001.JPG.e377ab8bceb2509c70e00da59ab7db70.JPG

57e058985ec7f_7016bilbar002.JPG.3ed6b139daaca9bc45f30e1073526448.JPG

57e0589869f35_7016bilbar003.JPG.6ceef39d6eb11482c31e6cd1d2c8e72d.JPG

57e05898790eb_7016bilbar004.JPG.bf1edd680dea2471ae6ad5b61c653538.JPG

57e0589883ac7_7016bilbar005.JPG.c7cb19dd4c4ecd4d17de1d44b4e8fb48.JPG

Well, the battery is good, so that too is a plus.

But here is an issue I don't quite understand. The hood Ron gave me is the same style and dimensions. The decals are the same. The only difference is the grill. It has rectangular headlights mounted in the grill, up high. I thought maybe an upgraded version or newer style 7000 series. In trying to swap them, it will not close because the headlights interfere with the muffler.

Did they change muffler or engine configurations during the model run on the 7000's? The hood that is on the tractor would have had side pod headlights, if it were so equipped (it is not).

Ahhh. So that's the ticket. My only concern is the "bracket" you thought missing from your hood, Ron, is actually the heat shield. Without it, I assume you will cook the paint right off of the hood.

I may try to salvage the hood on the tractor, but without the safety switches on the PTO and hydro, I may just part this out, or sell it to someone who is aware and willing to rewire it. Not comfortable selling as is to a "homeowner", and not in the mood to locate nanny switches (one is missing) and harnesses and doing the rewire myself. Piece by piece, or as a unit, she's gonna get sold one way or another.

The hood that had heat shield on still has shield one the other hood never had a shield on it. In the market for a deck would go across the street from you

They broke a new belt on Sunday

That seat is pristine. I would recommend NOT using armorall on it... just clean it. Armorall on these seats tends to cause cracking, in my unfortunate experience.

quote:Armorall on these seats tends to cause cracking,id="quote">
id="quote">

......of your melon on the sidewalk after your rear slides right off the seat and you bounce a few times.

Well, good news! Tractor is sold and will NOT be parted out, Ron got a good deck and all is well in tractor land!^