Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

PatterBrian

Powermax Vanfuard conversion

PatterBrian

I repowered my Powermax with a 23 hp Vanguard from SEW. The doesn't work very well. It is too long and loop way out to the left side of the tractor where it can catch in my brambles and fruit trees. Due to the necessary length of the cable, it was also very hard to use.

I have removed it, and lift the hood and set the choke manually now.

Does anyone have a picture or sketch of an improved linkage. I'm pretty sure I need to start out with something on the left side of the tractor to make it work.

PGL

I'll try to remember to take pictures this weekend when I get to where my AC 620 with a Vanguard 23 is. The original installation just used the manual choke setting you now have, but I added a choke cable to a spot on the dash. It works well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Who's Online (See full list)

• GWGAllisfan
    • Picacho
    • Bear
    • Talntedmrgreen
    • 720nut
    • a_sannine
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• Bubba1997

Bubba1997

Searching for a Sleeve hitch and breaking plow and other equipment if price is right and also a deck for a B1 thank you 
      · 3 replies
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts