Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Wish me luck

JohnMBerst

Well the 5 speed in my 5212.5 went out again last week, and having had it repaired only 4 years ago, (about 235 hrs) and the only duty is grass cutting was a bit :|| So thinking what options I had, replace, repair, use the 6216 only, win the lottery..^

Checked Craigs list, and about 15 miles from me someone was selling a 5216 tractor with hydro. Long story short, he says hydro works, as replaced the 5216 this year with a Toro zero turn. So I parted with $50 and hope to swap the rear ends out, and get back to cutting grass. Will pick it up Saturday, and then the fun begins. Anyone have thoughts on the 5200 hydros? What to look for, and any manuals. As always thanks!

50.00 dollars for a 5216 is a bargin regardless. I would have snapped that up...oh that's right, I tried but it was already sold!C :D

Nothing wrong, and I do know a few people were interested. sm01Will post a few photos once I have it home, and hope the hydro is still strong. At times better to be lucky than good. I know the tires looked ok, and the seat not bad. Engine was noted to not like to start, but did run. So time will tell. And I'm happy IF it works out as I hope. My current 5215.5 runs well, and with the new valves is strong. Not real sure about the 5216 deck, but looked ok as far as I could tell.

I just picked up a 5216 5 speed and wanted the other tractor for possible parts.50.00 was a no brainer in my book! . I am happy that a member from here got the tractor.

Let me know what you might need as I have a number of spare here before getting the tractor home. Front end and a bunch of sheet metal parts.