Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7010 or ?

sdhdcouple

Well is a 7010 worth saving or is there a more desired tractor that the implements from a 7010 will fit?

Don't know what is what in a simple world. Yet

Tractor will need almost all sheet metal. It has never been inside. Just trying to figure out if to save a 7010. If the are common then I will look for something more collectable.

The implements from a 7010 will fit most of the large frame Allis, Simplicity, Massey, Duetz, or Homelite tractors. They will fit for certain any 7000 series Simplicity or 700 Series Allis Chalmers. In most cases they will pin right on to the other models, some models may need a slightly different bracket or lift rod, and perhaps different length belts.

The 7010 was one of the lower end Sovereign series tractors, 10 hp, likely with a manual lift, narrower tires, and gear driven transmission, perhaps no headlights, among other minor details. There are many, many choices in the large frame Simplicity lines. As you move up in horse power, you usually get added features, hydro transmission, electric or hydro lift, etc. I guess they are technically all worth saving, but it depends what your intent is. Showroom restore? Then yes, if you want a restored 7010. Your own working tractor? I would look for something with more options. But that would be my personal preference. Are you pulling? Then a gear driven tractor is the better choice. It's all up to the individual, the time you need to spend, and the cost.

Good luck either way!

ya i was looking at the 7010 and my 712s, they seem to be alot alike although the 7010 has two more switches by the steering wheel my 712s doesn't have. I am sure one is for the front Pto but the other is a mystery to me. I am quessing the 7010 is a Shuttle type like the Allis. Apon further inspection tonight it seems the battery has caused much of the problem might have froze then spill its contents and has pretty much ate the sheet metal around it. sunny tomorrow will get pics. Motor is missing (i believe) points cover and there is a bracket off the top of the motor which i think held the muffler. No ID tag on the motor, shocker.

The switches may be for an electric lift or headlights, or, perhaps some previous owner specialty switch. They would not be for a PTO as there were no electric PTO's on these tractors (stock), they were all mechanical, front or mid.

LOL man there is alot more to these simple tractors the the early cubs. no so simple, lol neat stuff but a learning curve for sure.

waiting for the sun to come up to get pics today.