Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Half century of Progress

simplewrench

Went to Rantoul today with my dad and brother. Got to see some cool and unique stuff. Not many Garden tractors, a few that were being used as personnel carriers. This is an interesting tractor, we didn't get to see it up close it was lining up for the parade.

Sorry had to switch to the lap top, Ipod won't load pics

triple 630.JPG

It is 3 John Deere 630 tractors hook together with a cab on top of the assembly.

57e05ed51184b_triple630.JPG.f551a3e3a7522ae5abee6ab4de7b1b8d.JPG

Ahhhh, Chanute AFB. I spent a few months down there attending classes in them hangars. I lived on the south end of the base.

A five hour trip for me, maybe someday, I'll be back.

Here's pictures of it working. They are 830's and hooked together they have power. That's about a 40' field cultivator he's pulling.

DSC01064.JPG

DSC01065.JPG

It was a great show. Especially seeing the old iron actually working.

DSC01064.JPG.c26629761d08d26772254d4787bd749d.JPG

DSC01065.JPG.50f1b3ae3b6ac597d990e4c72b92822b.JPG

Cool pics Tom! My wife's sister and husband live in rantoul. Been down to that base a few times. Neat place

Thanks for the correction and the pics of them working Michics. It was a good day to hang out with my dad and brother.

I don't remember the HP rating on JD 830 diesels but if it's in the 70 - 80 range x 3 puts it in the 200 plus range. Then you have six wheel drive to boot.

Of course the guy built it just for the challenge. Just like we do with our GT sometimes.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• BLT
    • gwiseman
    • littlemarv
    • Bill725
    • Chris727
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts