Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SmilinSam

Sunstar dualed up implements

SmilinSam

Finally got a dozer to put on the Sunstar to go with the box blade..

DSCN0053_zpsfa334a55.jpg

DSCN0054_zps5e72fc3b.jpg

DSCN0055_zps673f64e2.jpg

Works nice with two levers and two lift cylinders, one for each implement.dOd:D

Talntedmrgreen

I think it's another SS option. I've seen some with dual spool valves, which I think is usually used for the 4 way hydro dozer. Dunno if it includes plumbing for the rear lift, or if that's a customerization. It's one of those things I wuld love to see explained as well.

SmilinSam
quote:Originally posted by huffy

Sam:Is there a thread about how you hooked up the dual lift cylinders/levers? I'd like to see that.

id="quote">
id="quote">There is, but I'm having a hard time finding it.The tractor is using a 2 spool valave from a Deere 332 as well as the rear mouted attachment lift cylinder still mounted i the deere frame setion, which I cut from the 332 and bolted into the inside rear frame rail of the Sunstar..

007.jpg

009.jpg

DSCN0525.jpg

The tractor is as you can see, also equipped with a charlynn style power steering setup robbed from a Landlord DLX.The 3 point is a 318 JD style 3 point custom ordered from a guy who makes em from scratch so I could set the spacing of the arms to the Sunstar Frame.

SmilinSam
quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

I think it's another SS option. I've seen some with dual spool valves, which I think is usually used for the 4 way hydro dozer. Dunno if it includes plumbing for the rear lift, or if that's a customerization. It's one of those things I wuld love to see explained as well.

id="quote">
id="quote">I used two single lift lift levers for my dual lever setup. If I remember right I think the factory dual lever is a different part number and is just slightly different. Cant remember for sure.There never was a second lift cylinder put in these tractors by the factory that I am aware of. As stated, the second lever/spool was used to pitch the dozer blade right or left using take offs up front and a cylinder mounted on the blade. My blade was originally a hyd angle, but was missing the cylinder. For my purposes I added all the manual angle parts.Adding the rear second cylinder, I did have to make a sacrifice. That being that there is not enough room for a rear PTO on this machine.

SmilinSam

Finally located the build topic:

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=121234&SearchTerms=allis,sunstar

Anyone who views the build topic will notice, after comparing the pictures to the above pictures in this topic, that I changed the front tires.

Went from the dinky standard 16x6.50x8 to some 18x6.50x8 taller tires that I got from my son. Looks and sets the tractor up better. They dot rub anything like 18x8.50's would

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Jay Red
    • Barnyard
    • Chris727
    • wm_simpleton
    • Talntedmrgreen
  • Today's Birthdays

1. pitt
      pitt
      (53 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• Bubba1997

Bubba1997

Searching for a Sleeve hitch and breaking plow and other equipment if price is right and also a deck for a B1 thank you 
      · 3 replies
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts