Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Gordan

Tell... not show

Gordan

Yesterday I drove five hours round-trip to Waynesboro, PA to pick up a frame-mounted vacuum for the large frame that I'd bid on on ebay. It'll need some work but thankfully the pulleys, impeller and bearings are all in good shape. While there, I picked up a dozer lift rod that I'd been looking for, rear lift (old style - no bottom hole?), some rubber "chains" for the rears, a stinger with two donuts, and a good tight recently rebuilt BGB that happened to be still in the tractor. Brian, who mentioned also being a member (I neglected to ask him for his handle), proceeded to dismantle the tractor and hand me just about everything that could be unbolted and would fit into my car. "See this? This can go bad - here, take it!" The list of parts is pretty long and it includes the cone clutch, various pulleys, idler arms, pivot bolts, springs... It definitely made the trip worthwhile and crossed off a lot of items from my "needed" list - and then some. Bring a trailer next time, he says. He even offered me his spare room in case the wife kicks me out of the house...

Thanks, Brian! It was nice meeting you.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• SmilinSam
    • lt-scir
    • a_sannine
    • Bear
    • redbeard
    • simplewrench
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• Bubba1997

Bubba1997

Searching for a Sleeve hitch and breaking plow and other equipment if price is right and also a deck for a B1 thank you 
      · 3 replies
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts