Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
perry

Craigslist man of his word - Load of Attachments

perry

Here is a positive Craigslist story for a change. I emailed this guy on a list of attachments he had . he called me back but said he was going to be unavailable for over a week for pickup. he gave me his word that i was first on the list. i could only cross my fingers and wait . sure enough he got back in town and called me to make sure i was still interested in the attachments and that there were other people wanting them. I drove over there and he was a super nice guy and I even maybe will be able to buy his 2 tractors he has in the future 8D.

The grader blade is 44" long x 6" tall with a heavy duty blade on it. it's a off-brand factory style blade that was cut to a shorter length. ditch witch maybe ???. the square holes in it are factory cut and he said his dad bolted a set of spikes on it. i did not get the spikes but maybe at a later date if he finds them. the tiller is in great shape, he even took the tiller belt guide of the tractor when i asked. the 46" blade has a nice cutter edge and not worn into the bolts holes. was a great haul and i got all of them for about the cost of the snow blower dOd.

sim101001_zpscb88cfd9.jpg

sim101003_zps5f4fecdf.jpg

sim101006_zps07b3dea6.jpg

sim101005_zps84a162d5.jpg

sim101002_zps6ed929bb.jpg

sim101007_zps5a2ab428.jpg

sim101004_zps22278bd6.jpg

huffy

I wish I could find a real wide grader blade like that to use underneath my Sunstar. Although, since it's a rbt I wouldn't be able to use my feet for down pressure. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to keep using the one I have now underneath the LL.

Talntedmrgreen

Nice! That guy had his ad up for weeks...it was an incredible steal. Makes me wish I had gotten off my arse to get it!

perry
quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

Nice! That guy had his ad up for weeks...it was an incredible steal. Makes me wish I had gotten off my arse to get it!

id="quote">
id="quote">ya i know , I was real surprised to get it. little bit of a drive for you thou. it was a hour west of me. he was tired of the off-brand tractor people asking if these will fit their tractors. once he knew i had simplicity's it was a go. ill sell off a few items since i have duplicates or multiples :D .

fishnwiz

Nice haul !

And here I thought I was the only honest guy on CL. You would not believe the high numbers of people who screw me around. Between the lowball offers and no shows, I sometimes wonder why I even bother?

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• GregB
    • bruker1
    • BLT
  • Today's Birthdays

1. B-16_IC
      B-16_IC
      (46 years old)
    2. Flannelman
      Flannelman
    3. Glen112
      Glen112
      (71 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• Bubba1997

Bubba1997

Searching for a Sleeve hitch and breaking plow and other equipment if price is right and also a deck for a B1 thank you 
      · 3 replies
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts