Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Craigslist man of his word - Load of Attachments

perry

Here is a positive Craigslist story for a change. I emailed this guy on a list of attachments he had . he called me back but said he was going to be unavailable for over a week for pickup. he gave me his word that i was first on the list. i could only cross my fingers and wait . sure enough he got back in town and called me to make sure i was still interested in the attachments and that there were other people wanting them. I drove over there and he was a super nice guy and I even maybe will be able to buy his 2 tractors he has in the future 8D.

The grader blade is 44" long x 6" tall with a heavy duty blade on it. it's a off-brand factory style blade that was cut to a shorter length. ditch witch maybe ???. the square holes in it are factory cut and he said his dad bolted a set of spikes on it. i did not get the spikes but maybe at a later date if he finds them. the tiller is in great shape, he even took the tiller belt guide of the tractor when i asked. the 46" blade has a nice cutter edge and not worn into the bolts holes. was a great haul and i got all of them for about the cost of the snow blower dOd.

sim101001_zpscb88cfd9.jpg

sim101003_zps5f4fecdf.jpg

sim101006_zps07b3dea6.jpg

sim101005_zps84a162d5.jpg

sim101002_zps6ed929bb.jpg

sim101007_zps5a2ab428.jpg

sim101004_zps22278bd6.jpg

I wish I could find a real wide grader blade like that to use underneath my Sunstar. Although, since it's a rbt I wouldn't be able to use my feet for down pressure. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to keep using the one I have now underneath the LL.

Nice! That guy had his ad up for weeks...it was an incredible steal. Makes me wish I had gotten off my arse to get it!

quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

Nice! That guy had his ad up for weeks...it was an incredible steal. Makes me wish I had gotten off my arse to get it!

id="quote">
id="quote">ya i know , I was real surprised to get it. little bit of a drive for you thou. it was a hour west of me. he was tired of the off-brand tractor people asking if these will fit their tractors. once he knew i had simplicity's it was a go. ill sell off a few items since i have duplicates or multiples :D .

Nice haul !

And here I thought I was the only honest guy on CL. You would not believe the high numbers of people who screw me around. Between the lowball offers and no shows, I sometimes wonder why I even bother?