Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Gordan

Blowing with a sucker?

Gordan

Anyone ever use a PTO-powered vacuum collector to dispense instead of collecting? Say, if I had a very loose, finely-grained mulch, like finely shredded bark mulch. It would be nice to be able to pull it to the bed in a cart and then blow it out.

Talntedmrgreen

They move a lot of air...if you had a tapered hose, to get some increased air speed, I'm sure you could push mulch around.

I have seen them setup with no cart, and used as a rear moutned leaf blower. Not quite as effective as the purpose built blower units, but I guess it's more seat time. Anything is worth a try, once.

Gordan

I was actually also going to use it the way you describe on the slope in my back yard, since I wouldn't feel particularly comfortable pulling a cart on it. I was just going to discharge the leaves downhill and then pick them up on the flat at the bottom.