Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

baker

725 pulling ability

osenga

I would have to say you will be ok by doing so. But then you have to consider how many barrels you will have and if kids or adults be in them? I think with a dozen barrels with kids you would be fine. I have given my 725 a good work out here and there and I wouldn't be afraid of doing it. Hope this helps out some. Others will chime in as well

HubbardRA

I used our 700 at tractor pulls for over 20 years. The sled we pulled weighed over 5000 lb, and we pulled on clay tracks. Never had what I would now call a major problem, sheared keys, broken hub, small things. The barrel train is "nothing" compared to pulling the sled we pulled. I have also pulled my tandem axle trailer with a Ford Mustang on it, using the Simp 700. We drug telephone poles to make a bridge for a Scout project. These tractors are real work horses. It won't pay any attention to the barrel train, especially if it is being pulled on a parking lot or level ground as they usually are. I have seen them pulled by many off-brands that won't hold a candle to a Simplicity.