Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3415H Vac Collector questions

thedroidman

Yesterday I picked up a vacuum collector with adapter, dump cart vacuum collector frame, and 16hp Briggs. This week I am picking up a dump cart to complete the system.

Questions are-

1. Which adapter actually works best on my 42" deck? I now have the plastic one which looks like it will fit well and work, but I really like old metal and would like to either pick one up, or find someone near that has one could use as a pattern and fabriacte a copy or two.

2. I have seen various setups for the hoses running from the deck to blower of which one shows a big plastic elbow, with plastic see through tube etc. the other similar to whats posted in the 1972 Sovereign literature on this site show no elbow or clear palstic tube, just a simple flexible tube running from deck to

What have successful vac set-ups looked like?

Would like to see pics of other setups to better understand what works best.

Thanks in advance

I have been using the plastic ones for years. They work just as good as the $130.00 metal ones from Trac Vac. I also use 7" steel duct from Menards instead of the high dollar plastic tube from Simplicity. You can`t see through it but who cares. Hard to drive and look through a clear plastic tube.

While it would be neat to see your crap shooting up the tube, I would imagine it gets dirty/clouded fairly quickly. Mine is just flexible tubing, and it works fine. I've used both adapter types...my recomendation, use the cheapest version you find. Both work equally as well (but one won't rust). ;)

Here is a shot of my vac, it isn't the best but for now it all I'vegot.I have the back off,it's laying on the ground.I bought the hose from bearing service, they keep it on hand forBertch Cabinet Co. I talked them out of enough for my vac, itsnot cheap, you can get by a lot cheaper using the 7" Duct pipe.You will still need flex tubing going to the trailer.

Vac unit.jpg

The cloudy tube is just to let you know if it gets clogged up.

On my agri-fab pull-behind gas unit, it has a flex tube from the deck to the vac. but the pto driven unit with the solid tube seems beter to me, but dont use too tight an elbow, use a long radius elbow so any little sticks/debris can make the bend. sm01

We used our simplicity vac collecter for over 60 yards every spring and fall for over 7 yrs and the plastic deck adapter never failed. Even our 4700 dollar Peco vac for our 345 Toro was a plastic adapter until I found an aluminum bunton adapter for it.

The one thing I did notice between plastic and 1/2" cast aluminum is if grass is damp or wet leaves the plastic stays pretty clean but the aluminum builds up some. As long as you don't hit a tree with it they (plastic) are good.

I've always used the plastic ones without issues..

Till I sold my 48" plastic adaptor with my peco setup. Now I need to find another 48 adaptorsm00:D