Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Off brand bagger on 05 Broadmoor

SmilinSam

Wanted to install a power bagger system on the 05 Broadmoor I picked up at Al Edens auction. Wasn't really excited about paying $800-$900 for a new bagger and turbo vac from the dealers though.Was walking through Lowes and happened across a new in the box triple bagger for a Husqvarna that was special order return clearanced for $50. Couldnt pass that up..:DPosted an ad on the club looking for a used turbo vac unit for my 44" deck, and Ron Hribar answered the calldOd

DSCN0060_zpsef4387ba.jpg

DSCN0059_zps547018ee.jpg

The bagger hitch mouted up nice. Had to trim the sides a little for clearance and built a mount to bolt to the tractor. The hitch pins in with 3 pins, 1 on eah side and one on the bottom that is welded to the hitch and drops into the tractor drawbar hitch hole.

DSCN0066_zps13188f31.jpg

DSCN0065_zps0ea34d01.jpg

I also had to cut the two up rights down removing about 4" because the bagger was too high behind the seat. Bagger just drops onto the two uprights and fits nice and snug.The bags just rest on 4 rods sticking out and overlap each other.

DSCN0063_zps5f17a236.jpg

DSCN0061_zpsa61cd12c.jpg

Exhaust vent is out the right side behind the infeed pipe. The material seems to fill the left bag first then second then third.

DSCN0064_zps21e202e2.jpg

The turbo conects to the stock Husqvarna piping using a adjustable 6" piece of furnace ducting on which I installed the rubber catch hooks that were originally on the husqvarna lower deck boot. A piece of 6" pvc is slid onto that and taped, and also slid into the upper half of the lower husqvarna pipe and also taped.

DSCN0062_zpsac938d50.jpg

Seems to work real good with leaves and light to medium dry grass.With heavier grass if you go too fast the turbo unit gets plugged up.Pretty pleased with the results of this project at a fraction of the cost of a new unit from the dealers.dOd

Nice work! And very nice on the photos and description of the work. I miss having a bagger occasionally. I may have to watch the clearance aisle!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• dhoadley
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site maintenance scheduled to begin 10a CDT on 3/16/24
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts