Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Anybody know these people? Scammer?

Les

This sure sounded like a scam, was looking for a PTO clutch and this David or Florence person responded to the Simpletractors ad.

Was not that good of a price and they insisted that they would ONLY take a Western Union payment and then they would ship the product, typical scammer tactic (read the warnings on Craigslist)

This has been a great site since 1998 and I would hate to see anyone get taken.

Payment Information

Receiver's Name: Florence M Valdez

Address: 302N Euclid Avenue, Ontario, California, 91762

If they are legit I apologize in advance, but it looks bad, I did a google maps of the address and found a Wells Fargo bank, an empty lot, a big and tall store and a couple of commercial buildings with "Available" signs on them, now those images could be several years old, but still, it looks fishy

i had one the other day said he would send me double the money and to take the rest and give a money gram to the shipper thats all he would thak so i give him my name ( chuck norris )and give him a fake address he emails me two days later and says good morning chuck norris have you recieved the check yet, i just about lost it, thats the fifth one in a month

Scam All the way, do not send them any money unless you have more than you need, in which case I need some also. Typical scam from a foreign country where we Americans have no recourse action available to us.

YES...EVERY time I post a parts wanted ad I get an e-mail from somebody in England with the exact part for sale (at twice the going price usually) I just say no thanks I found one....legit or not its WAY too much for shipping and the low dollar exchange rate now :(

quote:Originally posted by jsarro

They seem to contact anyone with a wanted classified ad.I was contacted from England in the past.

id="quote">
id="quote">

I get er every time I place a want ad on Craigslist, they always have the exact part in England and its complete and excellent condition. All they need is my credit card and its a done deal.

I haven't bought anything from across the pond yet.

I too have responded to craig's list ads for Simplicity tractor parts. The ads are kinda rare with that specificity. But a couple of them were in fact from England. I just couldn't believe that it was worth the money to ship a S/G over the pond, and never checked up on them.

After having answered several such ads a few years ago, I kept on receiving bogus emails from England. Ended up contacting my ISP and changing my email name. Bit of a pain in the butt, but I have two:

One for legitimate business. One for online purchases. The seconc one gets changed every couple of years.