Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Wiring harnesses

jsarro

Do you buy them pre-made or make them up yourself?

If you buy them where do you get them from?

If you make them where do you buy the connectors and materials?

Thanks

Sometimes you can find them used by someone parting out a tractor or make one to the same lengths/size as the old one if its able to be used as a pattern.

What tractor? I have a complete 3400 harness for sale still (I think?)

You can use wire & terminals from any auto parts/tractor store. A soldered terminal is best but if you use crimp-on connectors, I prefer to put heat-shrink on the more critical connections or the hard to reach ones (will save greif later) it keeps water/oxidation out of the crimp....Good luck

They make crimp on connectors now with shrink wrap built into them. Handy dandy things.

Jack, have you checked on Jack's to see if you can order a harness, or at your dealer? You can sometimes find them used on eBay. Rokon might have one as well, or another member.

Greg the tractor I need to repair the harness plug on is a 7112H.

I am also wiring up a 3210V, but I can probably just splice in 1 shortened wire there.

quote:Originally posted by huffy

They make crimp on connectors now with shrink wrap built into them. Handy dandy things.Jack, have you checked on Jack's to see if you can order a harness, or at your dealer? You can sometimes find them used on eBay. Rokon might have one as well, or another member.

id="quote">
id="quote">I checked Jack's NLA on both a harness for 7112H or 3210V.What I really need is the harness plug that attaches to the ignition switch under the dash for my 7112H. It is damaged. Where can I buy that plug connector?Huffy can you link to the crimp connectors you mentioned also?

I am taking a flyer that the plug you need ia a Packard 2973422 and I think you can get it a your friendly NAPA store along with mating connectors. That plug and connector is about as common as Lincoln's picture on the five dollar bill.:D I am attaching a website for pictorial reference and do not know if they sell low volume.

http://www.pcsconnectors.com/2973422.aspx

I also put a video in case you make an oops so you don't have to go thru a ton of connectors.

quote:Huffy can you link to the crimp connectors you mentioned also?

id="quote">
id="quote">

Jack, there's a link to a splice connector below. Basically, they look like ordinary connectors, they just use a different coating that shrinks when you heat it up. They carry a wide variety of them in just about every HD, Lowes, TSC, and auto parts store where I live, so I'd assume they're readily available in your area.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Gardner-Bender-16-14-AWG-Butt-Splice-Heat-Shrinks-7-Pack-AMT-4123/202522597#.UiiQ0ZLVCuI