Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New to the forum

enforcer36

Hello everyone. Just bought two barn finds. One B10 in real rough shape and one B210 with one mower deck, one tiller and a box of parts. Guy was going to scrap them and I just couldn't let that happen. So $200 later here I am. This is my first tractor project so we will see how it goes. Of the two what do you guys say would be better to bring back to life?

Welcome!

About three times now I have bought a tractor to restore,

then picked up a parts tractor.

I never had the heart to tear one apart for the sake of

restoring another, so I end up redoing both and buying

parts to fix them.

That's why I have 8 tractors.

You have a couple good tractors to start with, the B series are

very easy to work on And you can't beat a FDT for mowing.

Good luck, and we're here when you need us.:D

Welcome to the club.

And I too would start with the better one.

You'll get it running.

Then you'll decide to fix the second one.

After that, the sickness has you firmly in control.

You'll buy more attachements.

Then you'll need a tractor for each attachment.

Then some tractors of each brand (Simplicity, Allis, and Homelite).

And each brand's attachements.....

:D:D:D

I for one am not an "original only" guy, make it what you want it to be. I have a 616 that I call my Frankenstein tractor, it has bigger engine, tranny out of a bigger tractor, raised seat pan to make the tiller fit, and ag tires all around. Topped it off with an Allis Chalmers B farm tractor muffler. Hey, I like it!

Welcome to the club!

Steve

To each his own.! Do what YOU like to do and forget what anyone says otherwise! Nobody here will be critical of you for following your heart.

Welcome to the club and be sure to share pics of your barn finds.!

Best of luck on your projects!

Mark

For your own use switching parts is fine I do it, but if you ever want to sell it the collector value will be gone as serious collectors want it all original.

Welcome to the club. You have to join to post pics. It's the best $10.00 you'll ever spend if you want to work on your tractors. The knowledge here is second only to having a guy who was a Simplicity/AC mechanic for 30 years living next door. Besides I want to see the pics so I can be jealous of yet another person who made a great barn find. Why oh why can't I be that lucky? I guess I'm pretty lucky in other ways... Again, welcome and ask away as you work your way through the tractors.

As a non-paying member you can't post pictures to this website (where this website stores the pictures). That said you can post a link to your pictures.

The difference is where the pictures are stored. As a member the Club stores the pictures, as a non-paying member another site must store the pictures.

Rick......

Well I joined but the site won't work downloading pics from my tablet so I'll just have to do it the hard way. Here's the b10 to the left and the b210 to the right after I tore the front end down. Two mowers mower deck and tiller for $200. Not to bad for my first uneducated purchase.

1292822_906729105507_78947995_o.jpg