Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
curlett

Barn project with simplicity's

curlett

Just finished the month and a half long project of painting the inside of the barn, including the floor. I've been moving everything back in so I figured I would get the 3 simplicity's with the decks in a picture. Now the new and improved shop is ready to restore another one:D

image.jpg

image.jpg.2b6ea77c66f3cc584d71e4ca86a9f59c.jpg

Talntedmrgreen

Wow...that is SHARP! I think I'd slip and fall on my rear, first time it rained! ;)

You have some super clean stuff there. Kudos for taking the time to do nice work.

curlett

I used 1 coat of armorseal floor plex 7100 water based epoxy primer and 3 topcoats of armorseal rexthane 1 from Sherwin Williams. So far I'm very happy with the results. Painting was the easy part, there is a TON of prep work.

jsarro

Is that floor finish likely to stay looking great or is that product prone to peeling or chipping?

Is the floor slippery now?

I have been trying to decide on the best product to put down in my garage.

Thanks

timflury

Sherwin Williams sells a "Shark Grip" glass bead that you can add to your top coat for a nonslip surface. It's really inexpensive and you can add a lot, or a little, and you won't lose the sheen on the floor.

Only time will tell as far as peeling and separation goes. A few "heat" "cool" cycles will be the true test as well as a "sweat" test on the really muggy days.dOd

The grey looks great! My floor will be glossy white someday.sm00

And yes,,,, the prep work is of the utmost importance!!

curlett

I hope it isn't prone to peeling but timflury is right only time will tell. The floor is not slippery at all right now and I didn't add any shark grip. I was told shark grip would wear out over time anyway. So far I'm very satisfied with the product. I did quite a bit of shopping around and I decided this was the best product for me. Also one of the main reasons I chose this is that it is used in professional shops and airplane hangers and is gas and oil resistant.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• GregB
    • 720nut
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• Bubba1997

Bubba1997

Searching for a Sleeve hitch and breaking plow and other equipment if price is right and also a deck for a B1 thank you 
      · 3 replies
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts