Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
osenga

Tractor of the Month September

osenga

This Month will be RBT, 3300,3400 & 7000 series Simplicity and Allis Chalmers 700 & 900 series.

1. For club (paid) members only.

2. Allis, Homelite or Simplicity badged tractors are eligible.. Later on, other tractors will be allowed.

3. The selection committee will determine each monthly criteria.

4. They can be a restoration, an original, a rescue, a modification, an extensive repair/rebuilt - as called by the committee.

5. Narrative and pictures are required - to tell its story, and why it is deserving of being the Club's tractor of the month. Tractors that do not meet theme criteria will be removed by the comitteee.

6. Members can enter a tractor multiple times (months), but it can only win once per year. Once they've won, they cannot submit it again for a year on any subject.

7. Each contest will have four week submission period followed by club membership voting for a two period after that. When a winner of that period is announced a new subject will be presented.

8. At the end of the year, we will have a separate contest of the previous winners for Tractor of the Year, with a bigger prize.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Added by Kent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is now open for members to enter their own tractor. The newly-formed committee will determine future categories.

Post your entry as a reply to this topic, with pictures and a story -- sufficient to convince club members that it is deserving of being the club's Tractor of the Month.

Please post only entries/nominees in this topic -- any other replies will be deleted.

Once the nomination period is over, this topic will be locked, and members will be asked to vote on the nicest tractor listed in this topic.

GLPointon

I can't resist putting up the Simplicity that started it all for me here at the club. My 7010-3speed...which is now a 7010-6speed. Below is the link to my very 1st thread and another to the 6 speed conversion just for kicks... I found this tractor for sale on the side of the road for $300. I thought it was great till I found that it was well neglected for many yrs...I rebuilt the BGB, cone clutch, carb, S/G reprd and did a total clean/sand/repaint with all new decals...but still has the good old 10hp & is my most dependable tractor. I found attachments for it over a few year period before the resto so I re-did them all at the same time...Thanks sm01http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=117990&SearchTerms=7010http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=118574&SearchTerms=7010

DSCF4511.JPG

DSCF4462.JPG

DSCF4511.JPG.e591c350d81a2023ae09fcd38d4facf3.JPG

DSCF4462.JPG.6f32a896c93a040804c99dc3ddde627c.JPG

Homesteader

I would like to nominate the 7016 I modified. This tractor was a freebie from member BrettW. It was missing the engine a in dire need for some TLC. So the saga of modifications began. In brief, the frame has been chopped and widened, stretched, and the trans has been relocated to a higher position in the frame to align the driveshaft with the Onan BF-MS twin 16 hp. I redid this as my 4-H project and it received a merit award and an invitation to next years State Fair to be placed in the expo center.

IMG_0161.jpg

finalpuller_zpsa96f2291.jpg

I had a few requests for more pictures... here is the link to the build and a few more pics. I cannot access my photobucket here at school for some reason so hopefully there is enough pics in the build thread. thanks guys!

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=123055

curlett

I would like to enter my simplicity 7016H from 1977. I bought this off the side of the road a little over a year ago and have fully restored it since then. Every nut and bolt was taken apart, except for the hydrostatic pump itself. Everything was sandblasted and painted, also all new decals. The gear box is rebuilt and tight and the transmission and differential have all new keys. The engine has been completely rebuilt and bored to .020 over and the crank machined too. Every seal and gasket on the tractor is new. It did not have a mower deck with it when I bought it so I found a 48 inch deck on a 7119 in the back of a local shop. It was really beat up and took a lot of welding to make it right again. After I was done welding it I had the shell powder coated and I put new bearings in all 3 arbors. It's very sturdy now and cuts great. I have basically made this tractor and deck as close to the way it was when it was new in 1977 as I could.

TOM2_sept_2013.jpg

TOM3_sept_2013.jpg

TOM4_sept_2013.jpg

TOM5_sept_2013.jpg

TOM6_sept_2013.jpg

TOM7_sept_2013.jpg

image.jpg

huffy
quote:Originally posted by goatfarmer

Some great entries so far!

id="quote">
id="quote">What's truly amazing is that two of these were done by teenagers. Just think what these guys will be able to do 10 or 20 years from now.

GLPointon

with parts THAT clean and nice...why not??? dOd

quote:Originally posted by huffy

On white carpet, too. The fact that he got away with that without a paddling shows that he must have one truly supportive mother.

id="quote">
id="quote">