Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Brettw

Very HD 3 point tiller

Brettw

I was at a wedding in Jacksonville FL and saw this tiller on site. Not sure of the make. 42-48" tiller. 3 point hitch setup, shaft driven. If anyone is in the area or interested, I spoke with the owner it and asked if he still uses it or if he would be interested in selling. He said he does not use it much any more, and a buck fifty would take it. There may even be some room for negotiating. If interested, PM me and I will relay the info. Almost at the Georgia/Florida state line 2 minutes off of I-95. I have pics, but for some reason, after taking them on my cell, editing them and trying to upload them here, they will not load up. Says no file found. It is very heavy duty. The running gear and shafts, trans, etc. looks heavy enough to run a 5 or 6 foot tiller. The thing had to weigh over 300#.s

GrincheyOne

Brett,

sounds like the tiller that was offered with the 16HP New Holland garden tractors. These GTs were out-fitted with 3 point hitches and spline shaft drives to use the small farm attachments, also built by Sperry New Holland.

Wayne

Brettw

Well, I would love to post the pictures. They are PNG vs JPG and that may be the issue. I cannot seem to rename or reformat them. As soon as I figure it out, I will add the pictures.

Wayne, you may be right. This thing is more like a mini farm implement than a tiller as we see it. It is significantly heavier construction than our 38" HD tillers.

GrincheyOne

Brett,

In 1964, Sperry New Holland shipped serial #10 of their new GT offering to Bluebell PA. 1t was the 16HP (Koehler cast iron single cylinder) w/ a Sperry Vickers hydro drive, which also provided the integrated lift feature. The unique features were...

- integrated hydraulic lift

- 3 point rear hitch.

- spline shaft implement drives (rear, and combined front/mid PTOs)

- Drive-over mower deck (built in hinged diamond plate ramps)

We got to "play" with it that afternoon in the courtyard of the loading dock. (cold start, right out of the shipping crate).

he factory rep, started off by doing "wheelies",and showing off the

mounting of the mower deck. And then taking orders, through a company sponsored time payment agreement for employees @ $1600 for the tractor w/ mower deck.

Just one moment in my 43 year history with Sperry.

Wayne

Brettw

Bill helped me out (Phandad) and sent the pics back to me, converted. When I try to load them it still says no file found when uploading to the server. Not sure of the issue. If you can post them here, Bill, please do!

Brettw

Thanks, Bill. So, if anyone's interested, contact me and I will get you the directions to find it. Not sure if any members are in the area or could use it, but for a buck and a half, it seems like it could work with the Powermax series perhaps.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Brettw
  • Today's Birthdays

1. pitt
      pitt
      (53 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• Bubba1997

Bubba1997

Searching for a Sleeve hitch and breaking plow and other equipment if price is right and also a deck for a B1 thank you 
      · 3 replies
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts