Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Brush cutter and sickle bar project (big project)

sdhdcouple

Looks like a 70....16? with a 6 speed?

Awesome tractor,dOd with both attachments it must have been on permanent weed duty :D

That looks like a loooong winter Mr Sanford ;)

ya, i pretty sure it is a 7010, the forum peeps here helped me figure it out a few weeks ago. she is pretty baked, thinking about just taking the emplements and some of the extras and putting them on my 712s allis. not sure yet, that why i was asking all the dumb questions last month to see if this was worth saving or find another tractor.Not sure what all these buttons are for here, maybe you guys will know. they are in factory holes.

286.jpg

286.jpg.649f3e1eb5238ec5f6244b80fb520897.jpg

The electric lift button was located on top of the dash. I'm not sure what the second one was. Have fun with your project and please keep us posted with pics:)

So the one on the left side of the wheel and on the top is the electric lift and the lower on would be the electric front mount PTO. Am i getting that correct? if so thats a big help to me know what those are. and the swithc opposite the key would be the headlights i believe. if it is the same as my Allis

Nice find.:) I would restore it because they don't make these anymore & once they're gone they're gone.Maybe you could find a hood & seat on ebay or salvage yard. Plus you have some kind of rare attachments too.

• 3 weeks later...

Well got daring and started into this rusty beast tonight. Motor is free and turns pulled the plug out no rust in it. pulled the carb off to clean it out but filter was clean. Like looks new clean. nothing made it thru by way of air cleaner. dropped the carb of the tractor. Nothing in in it so far. throttle cable is not seized up. the choke cable is seized. Going to pull the fuel tank tomorrow rinse it out with #2 Diesel and put some new lines and filter on it. might put some new points on it. but as rusty and crappy looking as she is, I really think this thing might just start. Might being the key word here.

ya I got it cleaned up as best I could. but I think the electrical connections on this unit are just to far gone, rusted or what ever. I can turn this motor with my hand but I put a battery and hit the key nothing at all. I just think there is to much rust. I cant remember how to jump the thing by passing all the key, wires and switches. I don't want to put the cables on the wrong post and burn it to the ground either. If I remember right ground to anything on the motor and put the positive on the big cable of the starter. but it been many years since I did it so maybe on of the smart people here will refresh my memory. I want to spin this motor to see if there is spark and compression.

I am with ReedS. Although I have had luck with a Dremel and a brush attachment on carbs that looked like that. Problem is you got to get it all out and it isn`t just on the surface, it is embedded below the surface and flakes off even after it is cleaned.

Should work but not positive (the link below). I have run 10hp carbs on 16hp motors without issue. So it may work the other way.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-REPLACEMENT-BRIGGS-CARBUETOR-ASSY-FITS-CAST-IRON-ENGINES-391070-11049-L-K-/150928734669#vi-content

wow, guess I should have asked, $100 for a new one. aint really worth the time and effort messing with this one. lol wish mine looked like the one in your picture there.