Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
timflury

Went to a plow day today.

timflury

Local tractor club had their annual plow day today. The soil was hard, dry, and dusty in spots, but it was still fun! Their plow day is always the Saturday after labor day. I find out where it is during the Sussex tractor show. Mine was the smallest tractor there.

20130907_110957.jpg

20130907_110957.jpg.ddfe2f6c3393137bf26860c14442f02b.jpg

timflury
quote:Originally posted by GLPointon

Cool 8DI'm still waiting to attend my 1st, now that I finally have a plow...sm01

id="quote">
id="quote">Practice, practice, practice..... This is where you PRACTICE using your plow. Trust me, there are those that will coach you on the use of a plow.There were two distinct soil types in the field, DRY and a little wet. When I would hit a dry spot, the plow would barely penetrate the soil and skim only about an inch or two below. When I would hit a moist area, the plow penetrated nicely. When the 3+ bottom plows finished their areas, I got out of their way when they came to finish where I was plowing.:o:OFor me, it was easier plowing in a deeper furrow than it was one of mine because the plow was more upright.Someday, I will get myself a walker with a plow and "go for a walk" in a farmer's field and offer others to do the same.