Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Seat color

Brettw

My SIL is looking to paint the seat back on his 3415. The question is, originally, was the seat back black or was it cream colored to match the hood? The seat that was on it was in pretty rough shape and appeared to be cream colored, but who knows if it was repainted. We got a newer seat in great shape, but it is black and off of a 7000 series. We would like to make this as close to original as possible.

Brett, I have never seen a cream seat back on the 3400 series. I have owned a few and part out probably more than I have owned. The only ones I ever see with cream or white seat backs were the early 900 series.

Never seen a cream seat on any Simplicity ones, but I have seen cream/white ones with Allis decals on the AC 700 series and early 900 series.

I had never seen a black one until the late 7000 Series. I have two 3410's and have had a System 7013. Each one had the original seat and the pan was painted to match the hood and wheels.