Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sovereign & Loader

leeave96

Anyone know if Simplicity ever offered a front end loader for the Sovereign tractors? I just picked up a Wheelhorse with a front loader (Kiwk Way) and though I've seen loaders on this brand tractor and some IH Cub Cadets, don't really recall a loader being offered for the Sovereign - or in my case an Agco Allis 918H. Would the front axle be strong enough to support the weight? Was a loader ever an option for the Sovereign type tractors?

Just curious.

Thanks!

Bill

Never seen one on a Sovereign 18 or Allis 918H. Yes, the front axle would be strong enough. It is the same front axle used on a B 10 and Simplicity equivalents that did have loader options. It would be even better with the improvement idea I used from Steve Levchak for the front axle in my Allis 917H restore that I have posted in the show and tell forum.

I know at least one member had a loaded added to a Sovereign. It was done by a dealer (Rhode Island or Pennsylvania maybe). As I remember the posts the frame for the loader went from the front of the tractor to the back spanning the weak portion of the tractor.

I believe the member sold the tractor to another member.

Rick......

Talntedmrgreen

I thought Sam had a loader on a 7100 or later machine? Or was it someone else? Maybe Bob was involved too..... I dunno, but it seems like I saw one here in the archives, in the background of a picture, in an unrelated topic?

There was also one posted to the craigslist forum not too long ago, for sale in WI. Thought it was a 7016 or 7116.

I'd add that I second Ray's idea of adding the axle support, and power steering would be a must if you really want to enjoy it.

my son made one for a 7790 years ago it ran off the rock shaft but it would only lift about a 150 # wished i had a pic of it. hes talking about making one for his agco allis if he does ill post pics :D

The sub-frame I made to mount my loader to the AC410 can be used just as easy on a Sovy. Bolts to front frame and pins to rear hitch...I thought about mounting it on my 7116 also

I have a loader on a 7119. A Wright-Way loader on a custom frame made by Al Eden's shop. Very nice setup, but...

I've broken off the left front steering spindle tiwce now. This is the one which the power steering thingy attaches to.

The loader is far more powerful than the front end of the tractor, especially when going downhill.

I've been using it for the last two days to help spread compost over my re-seeded yard. But I drive it gingerly.