Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
AC712H

900/7100 frame improvements for loader??

AC712H

I hope to aquire a loader soon. What are some improvements I could do to the frame to make it safer/stronger? I will be doing the same as Ray did for the front axle brace. Is the area the BGB bolts to the frame a weak spot? What about where the frame is notched for the wider KT engines??

Any thoughts would be helpful. I will be adding more counter weight in the back.

GLPointon

Yes, the BGB is the weakest point on all but the AC300 & 400's which have a frame that overlaps the BGB.

But if you use a sub frame as discussed above it should be fine. They are easy to build from scratch too.

I have a post showing this below if interested;

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&topic_id=120977

Talntedmrgreen

I think most oem loader subframes are very similar to Greg's build. The part I really like abiut his, is the pump position and being able to utilize the mule drive and front pto to turn off the pump.

The oem subframes for Simplicity loaders is also nice, as it allows the use of mid and rear attachments with the loader in place. With the removal of 4 bolts and by lifting the loader from the frame, you can also use a front attachment. These features are nice for a fella with a loader but a limited # of tractors. That subframe also bridges the bgb.