Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hard to find clevis!

JohnFornaro

Looking for a 1657654 lift clevis to repair my 3416 rear lift setup. I have the cable, but haven't found the clevis anywhere!

It was included in the 169404 rear lift kit.

Gotta call into Brenda at Sandy Lake. Sheesh. Anybody have any leads?

I've tried Jacks, Parts Tree, ProPartsDirect and a few others.

You should have done the picture as a gif so it shakes, just out of reach! lol. Yep, that should be the piece. Should be easy to make with some scrap and a welder...

If you are looking for a clevis for a lift chain or rod, go to NAPA auto parts. I had to find a clevis for a lift rod for my snow blower on my 627 Simplicity Yeoman, and NAPA had the one I was looking for.

Brenda called: No such part available!

Yukon: That's the one! I've just spent a brainless half hour looking all over the memex for one.

My daughter begged us to let her get a rabbit four or so years ago.

"I'll promise I'll take care of it Daddy!"

Well, I've been taking care of the rabbit for the last year or so. I charge my wife a dollar a week to change the rabbit cage. It's a big family joke, about all the work I must do to get a hard earned dollar.

I would part with one of these precious dollars for such a clevis!

If I knew how to weld, I'd make up a batch of fifty or so and see if they'd sell. Amazing (to me) that this part is no longer available.

The one for the 3416 is an integral part of the cable. Anybody who wants mine, in which the cable has about three out of seven strands left, send me a pm.

Someday, I will get a welding rig. A laser metal cutter. A 3-D printer that works in steel.

But not today.

That clevis weldment looks like it should be easy to make.

I just made one last week. Cut the smooth part from a longer 5/8" bolt, drilled a hole in the end and threaded that to the rod size on the cable. (Booku hard to drill a straight hole in rod from the end without a lathe to chuck it into)

Then just copied the sides of a clevis I have already from 1"x 1/8" flat stock and welded together accordingly.

Took about an hour to do , not counting the time scrounging through the piles for the right iron stock.