Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Brettw

The Auction gods were very good to me....

Brettw

Happened to stumble upon an online auction yesterday afternoon. Yearly inventory clearance of a lawn and garden dealer. They had a number of items, mostly used weed wackers, push mowers, a few riders, etc. But there were a few items that I was VERY interested in. A pair of new Chen Sing 26x12x12 turfs (no rims) and the holy grail, a new, from Kohler, M20 short block, with a gasket kit. Waiting for the auction to end, and biting nails, I was successful. Couldn't pass on the tires for the price, and the block will likely end up putting me in jail for stealing.

united flooring complete 017.JPG

united flooring complete 016.JPG

57e058aeb72ad_unitedflooringcomplete017.JPG.e1c37a2c24523c9db134f33f459789e7.JPG

57e058aec79d3_unitedflooringcomplete016.JPG.ed9ab021305418461f58b72045f1dcdf.JPG

Brettw

Yes, the auction was "local", about 20 miles away. Within my normal work area, so no big deal.

It's funny. Looked for years for a set of 26x12x12's (at a reasonable price)and I finally found a pair this spring. Then, a few months later, I found another pair that BLT picked up for me, on rims, like new rubber, off of a Sunstar. Then this auction set. You look and look, and when you're just about to give up, the stuff appears in droves.

Yes, Greg, the block is sweet. And I have an M20 that had a broken cam. So I have all of the rest to put the short block together, everything. That will make a good Sovereign or Sunstar engine, and I have mufflers for both setups. So either I hang on to it until I need it, or put it up for sale as a repower. Or maybe sell the short block as it is, and put my existing M20 back together. I have a new cam for it, and all it needs is a governor setup and a gasket and ring kit. Either way, new ones are as rare as hens teeth nowadays.

Sign in to follow this