Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
bowhunt4life

Deer Camp

bowhunt4life

Took the HB112 and weedcutter up to Deer Camp last Sunday in preparation for the 9/14 WI Archery opener.

2013-09-06_184126_zpsec67dcfe.jpg

2013-09-06_184145_zps4293dd1e.jpg

Got to camp to find out the landowner beat me too it:O

2013-09-07_081728_zpsc001c276.jpg

So away I went in my canoe to my stand site known as the honey hole.

2013-09-07_094800_zpsbbf0148a.jpg

The last thing a deer see's as it walks thru the honey hole (24yds)

2013-09-07_102844_zpsb7ffb530.jpg

Boy do I love bow hunting:D

Talntedmrgreen

Good lookin spot Chris! I'm trying to find a time to get to camp myself...always take the Weedcutter along, but that's usually in late August. This year, we're going to simply hop in the stands to look for needed trimming, and get the heck out, since it's so late. It will probably be next weekend yet.I know the feeling of losing seat tim eto the farmer. Our spot had aprox 60 acres of overgrown pasture, that had been that way for probably 20-25 years. We went up one summer, to find that it had not only been mowed, but all the trees that had begun growing were uprooted and piled and burned. That day, a neighbor from down the road come down with his Minnie, and began tugging a 4-bottom plow, turning the 60 acres into an impassible nightmare. He pushed it right to the treeline, and we lost a lot of sweat that fall, hiking around those fields vs driving across them with the golf cart.We've since talked to him, and he offered to adjust his plans, and even graded us a 2-track around the fields to ease our pain. This was 2 years ago, and he still doesn't have corn up, but continues to turn earth. No clue what it looks like up there this year.Here's a pic fromthat first day, before he brought down his plow. On our way back out of the woods, we watched 3 nice bucks, who were quite amused with the Minnie.

IMAG0582.jpg

Can you see them? The one to the far left was a wallhanger, in our book, and was easier to see on my phone when zoomed.

IMAG0582-1.jpg

perry

Bummer about the seat time . at least Allis went for a ride sm01

we turn over most of our fields at deer camp but hire a farmer to come in and plant. we went up a couple weeks ago for a work weekend. got some fields turned over , picked many rocks , painted the building and got some new drain pipes put in.

NORTH001_zps45f2c213.jpg

NORTH006_zps0792cf10.jpg

north017_zpsb14fa5a9.jpg

Gordan

I don't have a deer camp.

I don't need a deer camp.

All I need is to convince myself that it's time to get something back for all the ornamental plantings of mine that the ravenous beasts have been eating. Oh, and pick up some bow pluckin' skills. Not too many, because they'll come right up to my front door...

Sign in to follow this