Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Deutz Allis Help

Truckman1

Hello All, I purchased a country property this spring and in the process inherited two Deutz-Allis tractors. An 1814(1691560) and a 1920(1691020), both run but need some small leaks fixed and I have pretty much gone over them both as there was no maintenance performed on either of these units in the last two years.

I have already changed all the filters, fluids(running 87 octane ethanol free gas) and blades on both of them and have been able to find the parts lists and owners manuals on-line but haven’t been able to find any wiring diagrams.

Does anyone have these or provide a link to them? Thanks in advance, Jason

quote:Originally posted by Tacey

Nice inheritance!!:)

id="quote">
id="quote">Yes it was, at the time of purchase I didn't have anything bigger than a push mower and a weed wacker. Since then I have picked up an 1816 and another 1920 ultima for parts, the 1816 runs and drives but the steering linkages are bent beyond repair. The 1920 Ultima had the oil filter come loose during mowing and the engine seized, I did manage to buy the complete tractor with a nice 60" mower deck for only 400 bucks. Anybody have any experience rebuilding one of the 20hp kohler engines in these machines? Thanks! Jason

quote:Originally posted by ardisam

Welcome to the club! I have had experience rebuilding the 20hp in the Deutz Allis. I have the Deutz Allis 1920. What would you like to know?

id="quote">
id="quote">Hello! I guess where to start? How to tell what can be re-used and what needs replaced? The best place for parts? My friend is a very good mechanic so it just a matter of having a good plan of attack.Outside of fluids and filters is there any other adjustments or work that should be completed on these units on a regular basis? Is there any such thing as an overhaul kit for these as well? The 1920 that I inherited has over 2600 hours on it and it starts and runs well enough but it does smoke a little till it warms up and I didn't know if there is something i should be adjusting or repairing to make the machines last longer? Lots of questions :) Thanks in advance, JasonPS The Kohler model number for this unit is M20-49506. I was told this unit was discontinued and replaced with M20-49544 and that unit has also been discontinued as well.