Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Another first for me..dead tractor woes

SmilinSam

Deere 314 loader tractor conked out on me tonight unloading 6-7' firewood logs off my trailer.

I figured it ran out of gas the way it just died.:J

Filled her up and it tried to fire a few times then a whole lot of nuthin.8C

Time to investigate furtherpi

Dark & cant see, got a flashlight. Saw the choke was half out. Well... maybe the plug is fouled..?

Pretty black so I went to clean it. Got into the shop and thought be best to just put a new plug indOd

Put the plug in the engine, went to put the plug wire on and whats this?.. it wont snap on the plug...ngr2

Get the light and look at the inside of the plug wire and lo & behold, the screw on tip off the other plug is still in the wiresm06:||&:)&:)&:)

Nice to have an easy fix one in a while:D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• AC710
    • Tarheel
    • BMinor0788
    • rich_kildow
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts