Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Chain link rear PTO - 720/Powermax question

rickf

Hi on the 720 there is a little L shape piece of metal that bolts to the frame, a chain link connects it to the clutch on the shaft for the rear PTO. My L looks a tad worn, and I was going to weld on a bit of new material, but I can't figure out how to open that link between the two... any hints?Thanks Stan, combination of bad eyes, rust, crud made me think it was something else, but there was a flush joint in the end, with a bit of extra force it popped off.Here's a picture below, there's not much material left holding the hole closed. I doesn't look elongated, so I'm guessing the orginal hole is near 0.25", with and near 0.125 material on the outside and originally rounded slightly on the end. Seems like the square ends on the clutch must have rubbed this one, maybe I should round those off as well? Might just be easier to make a new bracket? If anyone can has held a new one, let me know. Thanks...

link.jpg

link.jpg.f384bb01f62a6a7e5638f42ed52054c1.jpg

quote:Originally posted by isetta

Rick, did you get the answer you needed? Would a picture of a good one by helpful?

id="quote">
id="quote">if your covers are already off and you can shove your camera in there great - i.e. no need to go through extra work. I welded and redrilled it tonite, but will have to wait to see how it fits tomorrow evening.Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...