Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Good week for attachments :)

ngale65

Well i have had a good week acquiring attachments. Did a little trading with Seth. He got a very nice b112, though i will miss that tractor. I got a Revitalizer, mower deck for my HB and a sweeeeeet HD tiller. I also picked up a like new craftsman sweeper yesterday and then last weekend traded Greg a hb212 project tractor for a snow bee 5 snowblower. Pics of the snowblower to come later as its still in northern indiana. but here are some pics of the new attachments as well as the B112 that moved on. and a funny side note. as you can see when i put the revitalizer on my hb my daughter decided she wanted to drive it. so i was chasing her to get my pictures. lol

r11.jpg

r1.jpg

r2.jpg

sw2.jpg

sw1.jpg

b112.jpg

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

r11.jpg.ce649037d55963939c4944f8de858527.jpg

r1.jpg.7114df93fb13744250aec22587b2e5b8.jpg

r2.jpg.1b8a6429c214e821830e68f39df40882.jpg

sw2.jpg.170f7197c0b11e59b371fa69efa3dd3a.jpg

sw1.jpg.5dd3644c62845061777f4c19db5569d3.jpg

b112.jpg.890896c039d73c3c498e67d8de8828e6.jpg

t1.jpg.ab4a4ee7cd182305c7a6d3cb2589b2af.jpg

t2.jpg.f06d61a4a8f415984f6dde3b17b6230f.jpg

Dang, that was fast! Seems I just heard about that tiller, and it's already traded hands! ;) Time to put those suitcase weights to work! That tiller will have the ol HB awful light in the nose.

Would love to know how well that sweeper picks up after the revitalizer. From my experience, the revitalizer can kick up a ton of thatch. Wondering how often you would have to empty the sweeper and if it picks up the majority of the thatch. I have been wanting an EZ rake, front mounted, and running the deck and vac/trailer all at once, instead of the revitalizer. We run the revitalizer and then the mower and vac to pick up the thatch. A lot of seat time and swapping out attachments. (not necessarily a bad thing, unless you are spent from working the yard all day). There is a local EZ rake, but the guy wants your first born and half your house for it, so it would be interesting to know how the sweeper works instead.

BTW Great score!!

quote:Originally posted by Brettw

I have been wanting an EZ rake, front mounted, and running the deck and vac/trailer all at once, instead of the revitalizer. We run the revitalizer and then the mower and vac to pick up the thatch. A lot of seat time and swapping out attachments. (not necessarily a bad thing, unless you are spent from working the yard all day). There is a local EZ rake, but the guy wants your first born and half your house for it, so it would be interesting to know how the sweeper works instead.BTW Great score!!

id="quote">
id="quote">That's Erik with the EZ Rake for sale......And I agree with the other comments as well. Too much "Chinga linga" he's asking.

i dont know what you guys consider as to much, i love my ez rake, that is pry one of my favorite attachments. i bought the revitilizer to use after in in areas i want to re seed. but you have to keep in mind to buy a push behind dethatcher would set you back a couple grand and suck to use. the one on the front of the tractor works perfect. i would value that anywhere between 500 and 1000 in excellent shape. if i found any cheaper then that i would buy every one/ :D just something to think about. ill be getting mine out later this month when we do the yard. ill let you guys know how that sweeper works as well.

There is a EZ Rake in Fort Wayne for $200 but you have to walk behind it. There are a 100 springs on the one Erik has and he replaced them all at one time.

Most places want over $4 a spring. To rebuild one of these is very expensive. Bearings and sprockets are over $100 to replace. He probably wants out of it what he has put into it. In the past on ebay it wasn`t uncommon for these to bring his asking price.

Hmmm. Didn't know it was Eric, but I know now that apparently that is what the EZ rakes are worth. I had no idea they commanded that king of cash. However, I still think it would be hard to get on and off the tractor and operate it, with one less arm and a leg!

quote:Originally posted by Brettw

Hmmm. Didn't know it was Eric, but I know now that apparently that is what the EZ rakes are worth. I had no idea they commanded that king of cash.

id="quote">
id="quote">His has some non-oem engineering and missing parts, but I bet he'll still get that, or very close to it. They are extremely effective. If you have one, you no longer dethatch with a Revitalizer, that's for sure. The only thing I've found to work better is a Sweepster, but that works SO well, you can get in trouble, in a hurry. I can't keep an EZ Rake...I've had 3 front mounts, a parts unit and a tow behind, and can't afford to keep them. I never have listed a front mount for for sale, but can't pass up on the offers I've gotten.When I shopped, springs/tines for them run about $240 a set, shipped.http://www.agrisupply.com/dethatcher-spring-rake/p/51123/&utm_source=SSIDE&utm_medium=NaturalSS&utm_campaign=SSIDE/

ezz.jpg

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/grd/4056641452.htmlJosh, other than the blower hitch what is not OEM? Mine does not have the flat strap welded on the top like his does. I seen a EZ Rake at a Simplicity dealer this spring. That had those two straps welded on the top of the housing and I thought that it was odd until I notice there was a Simplicity decal on it. I measured the spacing and it would clearly fit the spacing of the front axle. It was a complete rusted mess and I thought when I found mine in Holt that it was the worst condition on the planet.Anyway, I asked the dealer what he wanted for it. He said they bring big money and would take $300 for it. It would have cost $400 to restore to operational use. I offered him $30 and that would have been more than he will ever get for it at a scrap yard. The only thing any good was the housing and it had no hitch. Missing half the springs and the ones that were still there were nearly rusted in to.

ezz.jpg.e91da672815d7edc834487476af008dc.jpg

Makes me glad I only paid $125 for my dethatcher and once I got it home I invested $75 in getting it suitable to use on the tractors. I agree with Josh that once you have the EZ rake there is no need to thatch the yard with the revitalizer. I hook up the ez rake on one tractor and have the daughter drive the B12 with deck and vac unit going.

I do like the revitalizer for preparing for overseeding though.

lawn2_zps70bdb00e.jpg

lawn3_zps6105a729.jpg

quote:Originally posted by bowhunt4life

Makes me glad I only paid $125 for my dethatcher and once I got it home I invested $75 in getting it suitable to use on the tractors. I agree with Josh that once you have the EZ rake there is no need to thatch the yard with the revitalizer. I hook up the ez rake on one tractor and have the daughter drive the B12 with deck and vac unit going.I do like the revitalizer for preparing for overseeding though.lawn2_zps70bdb00e.jpglawn3_zps6105a729.jpg

id="quote">
id="quote">You still had to drive to Minnesota and back. Excellent deal though. I would like to find a gas powered pull behind. Then mine would be hitting the classifieds.

ok, mounted the ez-rake to the front and the revitalizer to the back, plan is to dethatch all and then revitalize areas to re seed. hopefully it is dryer tomorrow. but here are some pics of the ez rake for earlier discussion.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg.5679fd4555a89c5360b47f37fd0eacd6.jpg

2.jpg.419e96e88f116f7278bc10e42b034ead.jpg

3.jpg.a26558852f2488e086f5dfc51e3a02e9.jpg

You'll love the 38" tiller. Drop it down on anything and it'll turn it into soil that looks like potting soil. I've left the shoes on mine just to provide a little protection to the sheet metal cover on the drive side even though they're a pain.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• maxwood
    • B10Dave
    • GregB
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts