Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

change

yukon

ive said this before simplicity needs to go back to the old style the new ones are cheap. i got a 1993 in the other day 20 years old, the guy bought it new still runs great and mows great i think this is why i keep going back to them, and i love the lines.i wouldnt have anything else.

IMG_3565.JPG

IMG_3565.JPG.a18fe631d60601c20e4b2fe6b37d199b.JPG

I love the lines too...I think I've become partial to the 7100's, from the seat, but the later machines have a sleek profile.

quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

I love the lines too...I think I've become partial to the 7100's, from the seat.

id="quote">
id="quote">does this mean you are switching over to RBT's ? :D you guys with longer legs fit better on them anyway.

quote:Originally posted by yukon

ive said this before simplicity needs to go back to the old style the new ones are cheap. else.

IMG_3565.JPG

id="quote">
id="quote">what was the last year of these older style tractors ?. and how much were they new ? imagine what the cost of one of these today would be sm00

Agreed 100%. My 3410 landlord is at least 10 years older than yours and still going strong. Cuts grass excellent and plows snow all winter. Good luck with your new tractor.

1999-2000 were the last run. They sold for around $5800 with manual steering. They were over $6k with power steering. To compete with mowers of today the would have required major design changes. They needed a 50-54" deck option and a foot control hydrostat.

Originally posted by perry
quote:
id="quote">

quote:To compete with mowers of today the would have required major design changes. They needed a 50-54" deck option and a foot control hydrostat.id="quote">
id="quote">

......and cheap smack frames, parts, tin, (plastic), drivetrain, etc.....

They just could not compete with the box store stuff. Not many people can appreciate a true garden tractor, and could never see paying 5-6K for a "lawn mower". But I would have to agree. 30-40, even 50 years later, many of these are still working on a regular basis. Pretty great testament!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Brettw
    • Ronald Hribar
    • SmilinSam
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts