Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Crashed my bike, then got a Massey Ferguson 12

MarksA-C

2 sundays ago I was coming home from my friends house in Madison after a long day on wrenching on motorcycles. It was a late night ride home and last I remember was enjoying a beautiful ride. Woke up in the hospital a good 6 hours later. I had hit a deer, crashed hard, and was knocked unconscious and was found that way in the road. Badly broken collar bone, hurt shoulder, and overall in rough shape. Was in the hospital for 3 days and 2 nights, had surgery installing a metal plate on my collar bone. My bike was totalled and my $500 worth of riding gear was torn to shreads. My helmet got TRASHED, saved my life.

Now for the good news! Last weekend was a tractor show I've been going to for the last 7 years, wasn't going to miss it. Got my buddy to drive and him, my girlfriend and I went. Met up with a few of my good friends from there and also saw a little Massey Ferguson garden tractor with a for sale sign. Talked to the guy, he said he wanted it GONE. Was sitting for a while and a few things are locked from sitting. Made the offer at $50, he said he wanted $100, deal made at $75. Woohoo!

Got it home and using only 1 hand was able to get it running! Going to probably flip.this tractor to help pay for upcoming bills, but its still a awesome feeling to get this old thing going again.

IMG_201309152567-1.jpg

IMG_2013091554477-1.jpg

Looks pretty decent. Most all of them have had the plastic dash and hood parts broken, these look intactdOd

Hope you have a speedy recovery and everything heals well;)

Sorry to hear about your crash with a deer but glad your going to recover. That Massey looks pretty cool, that era of tractors sure had style.

Dan

Being fully protected when riding payed dividends. You can replace riding gear. Heck, the damaged clothes should be covered by insurance, only if we were so lucky.

I witnessed a riding accident on Labor Day. The rider there was also fully protected. After seeing him flying through the air and nearly wrapping himself around a sign post, he merely suffered a few broken ribs and a broken leg and he never broke the skin.

I wanted to come down to the show, but we ended up at the local flea market instead.

Glad to hear you're OK:) Nice little Massey. IT has the rear lift kit on it. This allows you to attach a brinly hitch. You're also lucky its a gear model. That transmission is bulletproof.

Thats the second 50 dollar tractor that you scored at a tractor show this year!!;) Glad to hear everything is alright after your crash. That would not of happened if you were driving a lawn tractor instead of that bike!:D

You're a Simplicity guy, that took out a Deere, and ended up with a Massey. Twilight zone? Du du do du du du do........

Glad to hear that you are recovering! Be well, good find, thank the gods and enjoy your new find. It may be good Karma; BUT! don't go to the dark side........."yes little Simwalker, Massey is where you know yourself to be. Let go of the Allis, of the Simplicity. Come to me, Massey and Murray, and Cub. It is your Destiny". No! No! Stay with us! :D:D

Glad to hear you're OK! Deer are my biggest fear while riding. Then again, this far north I've had close calls with bears, turkeys, and (NO BS) bald eagles over the past few years.

Tractor looks great as well!

Wildlife threaten bikers' safety more than any other peril. Well, that's if you don't include alcohol or speeding. Best wishes for a quick recovery.

There's nothing like a little tractor time to lift one's spirits!sm01

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the good words everyone! Slowly healing and waiting.

c5fb68a6-52bc-4c8a-8920-5b4dbedad30d.jpg

I didn't get the deer it was beaten badly then sat on the side of the road for 3 days in the hot sun ha ha.This Massey is already for sale, hoping for a quick flip as financially I need money. Also trying to sell some other Simplicity projects. I'm not done with tractors, but I'm cutting back on all my hobbies. From 12-15 tractors I now have 5 at home, and those hopefully going to be down to 1 and then I'll bring my 2 back from my cabin up north. Still have my 6518 from Redbarnrick, the 3212H from Simpleton7016 and my walk behind tractor from a local area farmer. Going to get these machines back up to their glory and keep them that way. Also down from 5 motorcycles to 2, which will be 1 again soon. Got a tractor show coming up in a little over a week, can't assist with the sawmill this year due to my injuries so I'm kind of bummed out. Still going to go and bug the guys though. I'll take over the supervisor position!Here are some pics for the heck of it. My brother took pictures of my yellow bike. He did a terrible job, but its forks are bent back pretty badly, frame is tweaked, and bars are bent.

IMG_3281.jpg

IMG_0477-1.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

Only had that bike since April, put 4k on it this season, and its already totaled and gone. At least I still have my CBR900RR. I've put a lot of hours into making this one! Its a 1993 cbr, with the plastics all stripped from the front, dirt bike handle bars on risers, classic style 7" round headlight, then a modified swing arm from a 2004 Honda VFR800 withe custom machined spacers and even more modifications to the frame to make it fit centered, mount proper, then work at 100% factory spec. FIRST one ever done like this.

IMG_3811.jpg

IMG_3808.jpg

IMG_3823-1.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Brettw

You're a Simplicity guy, that took out a Deere, and ended up with a Massey. Twilight zone? Du du do du du du do........Glad to hear that you are recovering! Be well, good find, thank the gods and enjoy your new find. It may be good Karma; BUT! don't go to the dark side........."yes little Simwalker, Massey is where you know yourself to be. Let go of the Allis, of the Simplicity. Come to me, Massey and Murray, and Cub. It is your Destiny". No! No! Stay with us! :D:D

id="quote">
id="quote">LOL,Let's hope your doctor signs your release early!!;);)