Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

716H tractor

MPH

Likely buying a 716 with deck off Craigslist down in Palmer for 200 bucks. Hasn't run in two years, judging from the aircleaner thinking it must be a Koler, the wife didn't know.

Are the 716's the same shorter tractor like the 900 series?

Won't be going down for another week for heart beat checkup and my last farmers market for the year

Thanks Willy.

Found the answer to my question on Simple Tractors. Darn, it 17 inches longer the the 900 series. Strangely, has a 2 in tighter turning redius.

Also learned it's the late series and is a Koler 341

Marty: As far as I know:

The 700 series is the same as the 7000 series Simplicity. The 900 series is the same as the 7100 series Simplicity. There are differences. The 7100 series had a slightly longer frame, I believe, and had other minor differences. Some of the very early ones may have still had the Vickers trans? Not sure. The 7100/900 series had a slightly longer frame, and a higher center of gravity if I am not mistaken. There was not a difference of 17", not even close. Maybe an inch or so, on the frame?

Otherwise they are very similar, and differences were minimal, as far as I know.

P.S. The 700 series Allis and 7000 series Sim, were made up until about 1977-78? The 7100 and 900 followed, and were the same basic tractor until they were retired in 2000.

Brettw, went and looked again to find I was comparing wheel base of the 900's with overall of the 700's. Over all the 900's are 3 inches longer. Thanks for the heads up.

Two hundred bucks? Sounds reasonable. Best of luck with it.

I still get a kick out of buying a new tractor. It's been nearly a year since I bought one. I'm due. :D