Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Loader Fork set

SmilinSam

Heres what I have finally brought off the back burner..

DSCN0106_zps8bba0ae6.jpg

DSCN0103_zps98c82e36.jpg

DSCN0102_zpsac440a9a.jpg

DSCN0099_zpsbb877bc5.jpg

I went and combined my two previous loader forket set designs using the best ideas of each.

DSCN0101_zpse1977384.jpg

The sleeves to hold the forks worked real well on the GC2300 I used to have. Makes it more versatile. I also went ahead and used the 1 5/16" solid rod to hang the forks onto rather than the lighter pipe idea. Former GC2300..

mf1_zps2bb7a83c.jpg

I also liked extending the uprights on the forks up past the top rail, eliminating the need for catches to keep the forks from flipping out when tilted down. That came from the 917 forkset I built years ago and sold to John (Comet66)here on the club, who sold it also to someone else..

acl1_zpsd3e28ee4.jpg

Heres what I built this to use for...

DSCN0105_zpsd217cdd4.jpg

DSCN0104_zpsfb0f1d1c.jpg

dOd:D:J

That looks great Sam! I'd like to copy your design, exactly. I like the extented uprights...had thought about that myself, to allow the forks to be pointed downward, for pushing, flipping, rolling material like those logs you have, brush, etc.

I don't have the tools or talent to build what you have...but it's exactly what I'd like to do. Very nice design and execution.

My forks are laying out in the backyard. Just haven't gotten them mounted to the bucket yet. Gotta get that done. Mine will hook directly to the bucket.

quote:Originally posted by HubbardRA

My forks are laying out in the backyard. Just haven't gotten them mounted to the bucket yet. Gotta get that done. Mine will hook directly to the bucket.

id="quote">
id="quote">Made some of those a couple years ago Rod

picture074.jpg

They are all right for lighter loads not lifting too high, but to lift 6-8' logs 8-14" diameter 5-6' high I needed the forks back close to the loader frame. Also makes it easier to see and manuever with the purpose built forkset.I drive a fork loader for a living and using this with the forkset is way better, way safer, and way more convienient from a operators standpoint. The others work great in certain applications, but just wont do in others.

Sam, my forks are bent at 90 degrees. They fit on a rod on top of the bucket and can be slid back and forth to get the width alignment. I will put hooks on top of the bucket so that the fork rod can be easily picked up.

I agree that without the bucket it is much easier to see what you are doing and the tractor will lift a heavier load.

My forks came at a good price, they were given to me. "FREE". That is why I am planning to use them. Also, my EF1 has more bucket power than most tractors. It will easily lift the rear wheels off the ground when trying to pick up a very heavy load. Remember that the EF1 is a 4000lb tractor. The slideable bucket forks should do anything I will be using them for. I will be lifting tree limbs, but not logs. I really plan to be using mine to move pallets around. That will make my storage much easier and also allow me to store more inside the hut and the garage, since I could easily move it out of the way by moving the whole pallet.