Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Auction high???

simplewrench

A week or 2 ago I posted on what's it worth about yellow verses orange snow lowers and their value. I went to the auction today and wow, apparently in northern IL. They think that the yellow snow blower is made of gold. The B112 with a locked up engine and the 42" blower brought $225. It was descent shape for sitting outside but far from pristine.

I would have bought it for that in a heart beat! If you think about it, its a hundred bucks just scrap if it had no value...the blower in yellow would alone bring that!

quote:Originally posted by Burntime

I would have bought it for that in a heart beat! If you think about it, its a hundred bucks just scrap if it had no value...the blower in yellow would alone bring that!

id="quote">
id="quote">Mike, it probably weighs 200# - 225# tops. Scrap steel in Michigan is $160 a ton right now. At .08 cents a pound it would be more like $18 in scrap.

Was it $225 for the B112/blower as a pair, or a blower for a B112 that brought $225? I'd buy a B112 with a bad motor for $225 in a heartbeat. I almost had to quit reading the show and tell page after seeing all these dirt cheap runners people are buying for near nothing. I really think that lawn/garden tractors are the next big thing to collect.

B110guy

700 lbs brought me $42 last week, but I won't say what I scrapped other than it was mixed iron and steel. As far as the tractor and blower is concerned, to me it all depends on condition, 42" blowers are a little harder to come by IMO but I usually don't go more than a $100 on a non-running tractor so with the blower that would have been on the upper end of my scale.

It was for the B112 and the blower. I suppose it wasn't totally out of line. I guess I was just looking for a bargain. I did buy a 1979 Jacobsen 20" self propelled twin blade mulching mower which has a cast aluminum deck, which was a bargain at $8. I really didn't need another project anyway, I've got a 728 Broadmoor sitting waiting for me to decide what to do with.

I bought a non running 3410h and 3310v each with a 42" deck and 1 36" blower and 1 new battery and 1 with new front tires and wheel weights for $200 each. I spent $50 on parts and both run fine but one still needs a seat. I also bought a 3410s for $100 but it will take at least $150 in parts to fix.

Watching the ads it appears that Simplicity doesn't have a lot of dealers in the northern part of Illinois. Yellow dealers and people seem to go for their machines.