Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
hybridv8

Govenor rod

hybridv8

There is a govenor rod part no 393613 on a 16 hp BS engine that I need cos I broke mine but it seems it has been discontinued,does anybody know of an alternative part number or even where I might get some old stock,I am coming up against a brick wall even in America.

HubbardRA

I have made several governor rods from metal coat hangers. I have two operational engines with homemade rods currently. If you understand how a governor works and how to set them up, this homemade rod works just as good as one from the factory.

hybridv8

The prices on some sites just don't make sense sometimes,the site above that has a piece of bent wire (govenor rod)for £22 has just delivered to me a complete ready to go carb for a 16 hp briggs for £54.95 inc delivery,I didn't believe it till it was delivered.

pungo

Reason I ask a collector came by the other day and he too had purchased a new carb and was telling me he had trouble hooking it up because the choke cable was too short to reach the front properly(OEM it went to the rear) and the throttle cable caused the engine to rev instead of throttle down cause this was backwards as well.

No idea if these problems occurred on your project, hope not.