Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Where to look for a piston?

Appalachian

Hello all, I'm waiting on a briggs 792363 .020 piston to arrive from one of the big online distributors. I've had the block sitting at the machine shop for two months while my order gets pushed back. I hate that I'm taking up space at the machine shop while the parts company waits to get my piston from their supplier.

My question is, does anyone know of another way to get this piston and ring set? Thanks in advance, really want to get this 3410 up and moving before snow flies. Also, eBay had nothing...

Call Brenda at Sandy Lake Implement, one of our sponsors. I have good luck buying Briggs parts from them. The .020 piston may be on back order for all suppliers, but she will do her best to find one for you.

Phone No. 888-252-0656

quote:Originally posted by JimDk

Call Brenda at Sandy Lake Implement, one of our sponsors. I have good luck buying Briggs parts from them. The .020 piston may be on back order for all suppliers, but she will do her best to find one for you.Phone No. 888-252-0656

id="quote">
id="quote">Jim, I will give her a call, and will use them in the future. If it is on back order (which is why I didn't name the vendor in my first post) does anyone know of a piston manufacturer catalog?

quote:Originally posted by RayS

Here. They say you will have it by Thursday. This is not on back order.http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=Allis&_osacat=159912&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.X&_nkw=briggs+792363&_sacat=0

id="quote">
id="quote">Looked at that, it said for a standard bore. Mine needs to be .020 over. I may contact him if the site sponsors fall through.Thanks, guys. Great forum/community.

I just went by the number you had listed in a ebay search. I didn`t read the auction. The top of the box says STD. 299085 so I am sure he listed the other numbers wrong.

for regular briggs parts I get straight from factory, piston rod, rings,dipper etc . a lot of AC parts come in original biggs bags,and I do support our sponsors

for regular briggs parts I get straight from factory, piston rod, rings,dipper etc . a lot of AC parts come in original biggs bags,and I do support our sponsors