Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

early morning craigslist boon

SmilinSam

Been looking for a used 3 point landsape rake for a while, and this morning one showed up on Quad City Craigs list over in Davenport Iowa for $200. New they run around $350 or so..

DSCN0107_zps5963d30e.jpg

As you can see, there were a number of other "extras" that came with at that price:D The guy selling clears out estate properties prior to families selling them through a realtor or other. Respectable and honorable guy. Right after he hung up after I called him at 8:00am another guy called and offered him $100 more if he would call me back & cancel to sell the stuff to him. He didnt..dOdFirst the main objective:

DSCN0108_zpseea79f93.jpg

This is actually a Craftsman branded Brinly rake, WITH a Brinly brand category 0 three point adaptor or drawbar hitch thingy. The rake itself appears to have never been used, as theres no paint off the tines. The hitch piece has some minor wear as indicated by paint off around some of the holes in the drawbar part.

DSCN0109_zpsd05f07df.jpg

Going to make a few parts for this and bolt them together for a more stable union. I'd weld them together, but I might want at some point to use it on the 900 series tractors with their brinly hitch.Heres a nice little very lightly used broadcast spreader.Saw these priced new at Farm N Fleet for $179 this morning.

DSCN0111_zps9e2d4904.jpg

..And a lightly used plug aereator.. also priced new in excess of $100

DSCN0110_zps61046176.jpg

And the best xtra for last....

DSCN0112_zpsde0fc2ff.jpg

Craftsman brand "Johnny" type bucket. New unused, missing just one part, one of the trip handgrip cable levers. Price tag still on it of $499Looks to me like this bucket can be easily adapted to a 700 or 900 series stlye AC/Simplicity tractor. Should be able to modify the craftsman tractor brackets recieved with the bucket to mount to the front frame of a 700/900 series just like the old Buccateer did.The craftsman right hand lever would be eliminated to use a lift rod like a blade of blower to raise the bucket. The left lever is a different story. You could either keep it and use it to manually trip and dump/relatch the bucket, or you could eliminate it and just have a guide loop for the release cable and bolt the release lever to the tractor itself and just drop the bucket on the groud to relatch like the johnny buckets and buccateers do.More projects dOd:J

quote:Originally posted by goatfarmer

Should I be looking for your picture at the Post Office, for "stealing" those attachments?:I

id="quote">
id="quote">I will hang the pictures for you!! NICE HAUL!

Not too often a decent lawn equipment bargain shows up on craigs in these parts, and when it does you have to be quick.Heres the rake all redone and mounted up..

DSCN0124_zps0f9da56b.jpg

Flipped the 3 point frame around and drilled 1/2" holes and bolted together replacing the aluminum turnbuckle with a fabricated solid bracket. Again, bolted on so I can go back to just brinly 1 point if needed.

DSCN0125_zps79eb97ae.jpg

I tried it out on walnuts and apples yesterday and it worked great raking them up.:DI also found out that the brinly 3 point piece is a sleeve hitch adaptor that is missing the pin bracket that bolts into the series of holes in the drawbar part. So, I can also make that bracket and pin to use with it if the need ever arises.

quote:Respectable and honorable guy. Right after he hung up after I called him at 8:00am another guy called and offered him $100 more if he would call me back & cancel to sell the stuff to him. He didnt..id="quote">
id="quote">

They are out there. Good snag Sam, you're livin right!

Awesome buy!!! I woulda grabbed that deal too and I dont even have a 3pt hitch...

I love that Sunstar...that was a cool project, nice to be finding more attachments for it dOd

Great deal for those attachments.

I was looking at one of those Sears front buckets a couple of years ago at the local store. I thought it could be adapted to a Simplicity without too much effort. It sat for a long time and they wouldn't lower the price. Then it was gone. Said it was sold from another store and the customer came and picked it up.

So please let us know how the conversion goes.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Snojetter
    • JAV13037
    • andrew68
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts