Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
yukon

winter

huffy

Already ice on the windshield when I wake up in the morning here. I doubt we'll get our first snow until sometime next month, but I think the grass mowing is pretty much over for the year. So, I went ahead and put the plow on last week. It's better than waiting until it's butt cold to do it.

timflury

I don't think you're ready....... I see no chains and weights on the rear of the machine, and no cab, assuming you have a cab.

I feel you are just pre-fitting it and making sure everything work ok before the snow really does fly.

I could also say you are mocking it up for an electric chute rotator mod.:D:D

RayS
quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

I havent even tilled! Or picked up any leaves! The boat is still at the dock and were picking tomatoes! ;)

id="quote">
id="quote">My mother and wife canned 60 quarts of tomatoes last weekendsm01.

Talntedmrgreen

It was in the mid 90's, what, a week ago? I haven't had frost yet, but lots of mornings in the 30's and leaves are beginning to turn here and there.

Personally, I'd rather make my attachment swaps with cold fingers and frosty beer, than when sweating through my clothes (which I do, anytime it's 55 or warmer) while my beer sweats and gets warm &:)

rokon2813

I have a plow and tires chains mounted and ready to go on a B 10 too. :D:D

I am never early, I usually mount the first plow during or after the first snow storm. :o:O

Now the inside story of why I'm ready. }:)

The chains stayed on all year, and I needed the plow to move a brush pile last week B)B)

And the bad, since I broke a rod in the Squire last week, I'll probably have to take the plow back off to mow a couple more times :o)

jmhusby

Its only September and the leaves haven't fell yet!!!! Actually I'm looking for another tractor I can put a cab on, preferably a hard cab, with a two-stage blower. I found a Legacy with the blower but he is 5 hours away. Hate to drive all that way without knowing what the tractor is like. Would like a hard cab so I can put a heater in it. Neighbor makes me feel bad every time he brings his X585 JD with Cozy cab, heat and stereo, in itXX(.

Sign in to follow this