Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
EdFromMason

3416H

EdFromMason

My dad gave me one of his Simplicity's a 3416H with the rear weight, snow blade and mower deck. Down side. Needs new battery, lights, front tires and maybe rims, lift rod for blade and the skid shoes on the blade need replaced. Lastly he told me a pin in the rear end needs to be replaced or a whole new rear end. I am not sure on any of this as he could not find any of the books on it and it currently will not run. My plan was to get it going and use it this winter to move snow. No chains either. Our A/C WD that I normally use is not running at the moment either plus my back blade needs some work.

Any help suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

BLT
quote:Originally posted by EdFromMason

Thank you I will look that up. One of my dads other Simplicity's is just like the one in your photo. Only he has a loader on his.

id="quote">
id="quote">Like this member's?

IMG_3536b.jpg

EdFromMason

Yup. Just like it except for the tires. He also has one like the one in the back ground with the bar mower on it plus he has a curved hood one with the same mower on it. Would you know where he could get thatcher tines? He has another Simplicity set up with the trailer/vac and the front mount thatcher attachment.

Brettw

Your Dad seems to have a multitude of tractors and the toys that go with them. And I'm sure he's a really great guy. However......

quote:My dad gave me one of his Simplicity's a 3416H with the rear weight, snow blade and mower deck. Down side. Needs new battery, lights, front tires and maybe rims, lift rod for blade and the skid shoes on the blade need replaced. Lastly he told me a pin in the rear end needs to be replaced or a whole new rear end. I am not sure on any of this as he could not find any of the books on it and it currently will not run.id="quote">
id="quote">

I never look a gift horse in the mouth, but I have to ask; are you sure it's not your Step Dad? And do you have red hair?8D

BTW, Ed, welcome to the club!! You've come to the right place!