Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

36" snow blower question

perry

Will this Blower work off the center PTO on a 3414 tractor ?. It was ran off a front clutch before. will the Hitch be the same to use the long belt center PTO setup ?. Thanks ....http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/grd/3974778594.html

00x0x_1kTFoTjACeZ_600x450.jpg

Another issue with mounting a "7100" style snowblower hitch to a 3400 or 7000 series tractor is the center PTO style is different. I posted pics of the differences in this post:

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=131318

The 3400/7000 center PTO doesn't have the 2 tabs to change the angle of the belt for driving a snowblower vs a deck.

I believe others have modified the angle of the idler on the 3400/7000 series PTO so it lines up with the snowblower pulleys. I'm not sure if the belt length would be the same.

Best solution, IMO, is to change the left side plate and install a 7100 left side plate with it's center PTO. Or use a front PTO, either manual or electric.

You can split the difference with the tab and use it as well. I have done it. The right way is to do as bill suggests, but, thats not to say we all do it the right way!:D

You are not going to get a 1" front PTO to fit a 1-1/8" shaft. Is it 1-1/8" shaft? Hard to say you said it has 1-1/8" and then you asked if it has 1-1/8" shaft.

It would be cheaper and easier to run off the BGB with a single pulley hitch unless you have the correct PTO for the engine. You will have to measure the front shaft.